• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix HEGO Timer

90Blue_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I understand that there is one under the dash but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have a picture of it?
When you unplug it are there any negatives to contend with?:dunno:

On my '90 it was - was - located under the dash, driver's side, left of the steering wheel. Looks like a clear plastic box with gears in it plugged to a half dozen wires.

The only negative I've found so far is that I put it in a coffee can full of other parts and I won't throw them out.

No problemo.

Unit is one use only for 60,000 miles.

You don't need it, just remember when to service your O2 sensor.

:eyes:

Unless you got the Jeep new there's a good chance it's already gone. If you're getting the light but can't find the timer you can always just pull the bulb too.

I seem to recall that on the 89 I took apart it was in line with the speedo cable.

Thanks everyone. Now that I have an idea what it looks like I will try and pull it tomorrow.

thats what that stupid thing is. always wondered but didnt screw with it

That's a good attitude. Can't begin to tell you the number of times I did something a little too soon and made it worse.

I learned about the HEGO timer here, and lots of other stuff.

Back