• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rustys trac bar

x4h20x

NAXJA Forum User
not to stoked on rustys..got the 3" kit and their adjustable trac bar and the freaken bar hits my pumpkin. i called and got no where, and stoped emailing me back. another thing is one spring is over an inch lower than the other. i like rustys, but am not pleased.

You WILL be even less pleased in a few months if you put a Rusty's Track bar on your XJ. The TRE they use at the frame end WILL BREAK at the theads where it enters the tube. This WILL happen when its highly loaded, hard cornering on the street or off camber side hill flexed out. Either case the result WILL be ugly.

John

Wow thanks for the death threat...so everyone drives their XJ like a sports car and gets in situation where the weak link ain't u-joints, DSs, and all that made from less?...

I like mine so far no probs...it's prolly cuz how they bend theirs...at 3" lift mine would sit right on it too...

I've heard from the owner that their track bars are made in the same place as REs...food for thought...

Wow thanks for the death threat...so everyone drives their XJ like a sports car and gets in situation where the weak link ain't u-joints, DSs, and all that made from less?...
If you do a search on here using the word rusty's you will find out just how bad his stuff is & how bad the customer service is.

I like mine so far no probs...it's prolly cuz how they bend theirs...at 3" lift mine would sit right on it too...

I've heard from the owner that their track bars are made in the same place as REs...food for thought...
Rusty's is crap,and RE makes their own "hi-quality" stuff.

Rusty's bar does not have the proper bend to go around the diff. I learned this a decade ago, his kit was the first lift I bought.
IMHO, just upgrade right now to the JKS bar and enjoy life. Rusty's coils are decent as long as you're happy with the height.
The TRE as a trackbar end is a bad idea. I could destroy a HD Moog TRE in one trail run, and after a few TRE replacements it just doesn't pay off.

you'll find mixed reviews On every jeep products...I like my Rustys stuff...REd bars are made from the same tubing and the TRE on mine has held up and I've seen it do so on several others...

He asked for opinins on Rustys track bar. I gave him my opinions and advice...

you'll find mixed reviews On every jeep products...I like my Rustys stuff...REd bars are made from the same tubing and the TRE on mine has held up and I've seen it do so on several others...

He asked for opinins on Rustys track bar. I gave him my opinions and advice...

One thing I have noticed about the Rusty's threads is that people who live in the southeast seem to have better luck with Rusty's. I wonder why that is?

Heh...they must look at the shipping address an toss in a crap part for them there westies or northeners LOL...

Idk I like my diff skids, shackles, and track bar.

Prolly gettin their coils in a few weeks too

Rustys steering sucks and probably shouldnt be used under any circumstances imo. Their axle trusses are a joke. Their high clearence long arms suck and are also a joke. Their old leaf springs flat out sucked, which is why they started having someone else make their leafs.
They do how ever offer some good products. I run several of their products on both my DD and my trail rig. Gotta love their poly tranny mount, good leafs (the new ones), great coils...

Id call back and talk to someone else, try and get rusty himself if you can. If its truely a problem with their trac bar they better fit it, if you ordered the wrong trac bar for your lift then they are at no fault.

Rustys steering sucks and probably shouldnt be used under any circumstances imo. Their axle trusses are a joke. Their high clearence long arms suck and are also a joke. Their old leaf springs flat out sucked, which is why they started having someone else make their leafs.
They do how ever offer some good products. I run several of their products on both my DD and my trail rig. Gotta love their poly tranny mount, good leafs (the new ones), great coils...

Id call back and talk to someone else, try and get rusty himself if you can. If its truely a problem with their trac bar they better fit it, if you ordered the wrong trac bar for your lift then they are at no fault.
i disagree... i have been running there steering upgrade with goferit flipserts and it holds up GREAT! much better than stock and WAY cheaper than anyother kit.

And guys come on seriously how hard could(or would) he wheel his XJ on 3" lift? Especially if it's a Rustys?...

well I wasn't wheeling hard at all when my Rusty's "HD Trac bar" broke pulling into a gas station.

my thoughts on Rusty's, even tho it wasn't asked for.

if he makes it, don't depend on it.
if he gets it made, the price/quality is usually pretty good, so its hard to justify paying more somewhere else.
if your un-happy with his product, there's someone else who loves it, try and sell it to them.
if his product failed, don't expect his service to make up for it, but be persistent and have a receipt.

I would agree tho, his coils are good and the leafs are good (mine said Made in Canada on them... go figure!!)

Well my 3.5" leafs gave over 4" new, probably sagged to 3.5" after almost 3 years now. Yes the bushings do suck tho, not to mention trying to get an answer on the bushing size is impossible. Unless you order new ones from him I would guess.

Well my 3.5" leafs gave over 4" new, probably sagged to 3.5" after almost 3 years now. Yes the bushings do suck tho, not to mention trying to get an answer on the bushing size is impossible. Unless you order new ones from him I would guess.

Yeah, and trying to warranty stuff from them is next to impossible too.

-Alex

I put an IRON ROCK track bar on mine and it is made out of solid steel not tubing, way better than anything you guys have talked about on here....I LOVE IT..

ive been looking at the iron rock TB but concerned about how the solid/fixed joints would handle the stress of the axle movement compared to RE who uses a superflex joint

I have had no problems with it at all. They are doing some great R+D on alot of their products and I am liking them more and more...Their long arm is next for me...

Back