• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tech demos.

Ba-Riedo

has frame envy
Here is a place for your ideas and suggestions about tech demos. Master Pull plans on demoing some proper winching techniques, as well as the use of tree straps and our Super Yankers. We can also do a brief show on splicing if anyone is interested.

I know Michael has volunteered to show some tire stuff, but I would love to see resetting a bead with carb cleaner, :rolleyes: starter fluid, and air. As well as the patching and stitching.

Whats some other stuff people would want to see? I think that we plan on doing this before dinner on saturday evening.

-Alex

I want to see "How to change out a front axle u-joint" by Matt Adair. ;)

Seriously, a session on pre-run rig prep/check would be good. Get a good overall feel for what people should be checking prior to hitting the trail, save some field fixes and other avoidable delays.

I can give a short seminar on how to properly shotgun beer... :wave:

How about Gun Safety 101?

I'll vote against. I am licensed to carry and my 11 year old daughter is trained and capable of using a firearm. However NWFest is a NAXJA Family event and there will be more than a couple of children there. In my opinion at an event such as this if you have firearms you should keep them properly secured and only use them in case of serious defensive need. A Jeeping event is not a great place to brandish a weapon.

However, if someone comes up with a 4x4 Biathalon event we should talk.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biathalon

photography, with a trail run either mild or semi dificult (depending on attending) with cool stuff to shoot. not really volunteering but i would deffinatly attend.

photography, with a trail run either mild or semi dificult (depending on attending) with cool stuff to shoot. not really volunteering but i would deffinatly attend.

I'm sure any of us with some experience would love to show you what we know, but doing a planned thing would be difficult IMO. If you want, I'll give you a basic run down of photography/using a dSLR/ etc. where appropriate (down time on a run, at the moon rocks, w/e).

Of course, I'm merely an amateur (been taking photography for 2 years, and owned an SLR for 3) but I'm always willing to help. :thumbup:

~Scott

Back