• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid plates

karstic

NAXJA Forum User
I've finished my lift (for now) and have installed the C4x4 front tow hook brackets. The next things on my list are skid plates. I like Rustys engine/tranny skid and t-case skid, but unsure about what kind of gas tank skid to get. What are your opinions on the OEM skid? Other aftermarket GT skids? Thanks for you opinion.

My oem tank skid has taken one hell of a beating, and I'm not shy on giving it abuse, and it has held up strong as an ox, small dings for big hits.

The OEM gas tank skid is very adequate for most serious wheeling. And you can always reinforce it if you really want to.

the OEM transfer case skid on the other hand is worthless at best.

Michael

not to hijack the thread but your sig( 2 extreme) says Hi-tec retreads, which tread and how are they? been looking at them for a set of 33's

http://xjnation.homestead.com/xjnation.html has some beefy skids and he's a regular here. I bought mine for my 86 from him, just don't be in a hurry, it seems to really take him quite a while to get some of the stuff out.... supplier issues or something he tells me.
Mike B.

1986xj said:
http://xjnation.homestead.com/xjnation.html has some beefy skids and he's a regular here. I bought mine for my 86 from him, just don't be in a hurry, it seems to really take him quite a while to get some of the stuff out.... supplier issues or something he tells me.
Mike B.
Brian at xjnation DOES make some nice skids. I was over there last night, and he had a gas tank skid for someone that looked ALOT like my Tomken, but had much better drainage. He's a one-man operation, so it's probably going to take a LITTLE longer than someplace that has a factory. They're worth the wait, IMO. I wish I'd seen his before I bought mine.:(

I am starting to wonder..... I had ordered from him 2 months ago and have only gotten part of my order yet. Since you say you were over to see him I can assume that he isn't dead or in the hospital with some fatal ailment. He hasn't returned email or PM's. I believe 2 months is more than a "LITTLE" longer, and am starting to wonder if I haven't been taken.
Mike B.

BillR said:
Brian at xjnation DOES make some nice skids. I was over there last night, and he had a gas tank skid for someone that looked ALOT like my Tomken, but had much better drainage. He's a one-man operation, so it's probably going to take a LITTLE longer than someplace that has a factory. They're worth the wait, IMO. I wish I'd seen his before I bought mine.:(

Back