• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Late model seats in a RENIX?

xcm

NAXJA Forum User
SO, after a long and painfull search, im having trouble finding nfo about swapping late model xj seats (which, if im correct, share the grand bolt pattern at the seat?) onto renix brackets, in a renix jeep.

Im guessing search sucks because seat's dont conform to the renix OR H.O. catagory... every single search result i read (9 pages worth) was either regarding a late model, or someone complaining about loosing the heated/powered seats... OR just plain 2-post newbs posting blatant bad information...

i DO NOT want power anything....
i allready have the late model seats,
i allready have the renix brackets + steel.

i know the bracket just needs to be modified, but i am looking for examples of how anyone else has done this? welding up cross supports is not a problem., but i do not want to be fighting this, it needs to just 'go in'.

any help, especially pictures would be appreciated!

bump... really... no one????.

jk, got off my ass and made it work...
started w/ some flat bar... 2x 13", 1x 15",
drilled out slots to fit the bolts that connect the seat to the bracket, from 2, 1/2" from the outside, to 4 1/2" from the outside... enough for some wiggle room...

take the 15" peice, and connect the two existing center brackets... like this.... and weld on. this is the passenger side seat...

here, side by side, passenger on left, drivers on rigt...
connect your 13" peices to the old renix bracket... of the appropriate side...

allign it... and tack....

remove bracket, and finish weld... the flatbar doesnt meet up perfectly, and i needed little filler peices, 1/4" strips of flatbar....

i gotta finish up the passenger seat, will mount them in the DD tommorrow.
but the driver side mounted up in the parts rig no problem, i gave it enough wiggle room, but could allways add more if i had to.

nope, just some cloth late model seats...
all the jeeps in the family are renix's... so theyre terrible seats!
these are a clear upgrade!!

.. and free!

i beleive 96 is a split year, some came w/ the newer style seats supposedly...
and 89 is the same as mine...

so... basically we're in the same boat.

just got done putting the rear seats in....

all that was required was to weld on 1 bolt for the seat back.... the renix had a little peepee on one of the eyelets... that sat in a hole on the drivers side, the late model had 2 eyes, like it got 2 bolts holding it instead of 1 on the renix... everything else was bolt in.

I did the same thing to put my ZJ seats in my 94, Hellbilly did the work for me. We used angle instead of flat though.

Was the welding absolutely necessary for the rear?

you could probably double nut it on there... but i think welding that bolt on was the best idea.... the renix one allready has a stud...

Back