• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No temp on overhead console

gone postal

NAXJA Forum User
Alright, just installed overhead console in my '97. Everything seems to be working as it should w/ the exception of the temp - it shows 0*C. What exactly can I test for to see if the sensor is working? Should those wires show a certain voltage? How exactly does it work? Does a specific temp equal a specific voltage or is it some other kind of signal? Also, why the Celsius? I have it set to imperial, so it shows mph, mpg, etc

check to make sure you actually have the sensor on your jeep. it is behind the front bumper a bit to the passenger side from center. im sorry i dont have a pic for you, but jeeps that did not come with the console usually didnt get the sensor from the factory.

Yeah, I installed the sensor.

After a lil research though, it turns out that it's not displaying 0*C, it's displaying "OC" = open circuit OR lower than -40*F (not the case in FL I assure you)

So, open circuit means? Wires not connected? The system can show short circuit too, so I at least know that they're not crossed (I didn't have the factory harness, so I did all of my own wiring). I was 100% positive I got everything right till now - now I'm only 99% sure....

Could it be that the sensor is bad? I know that it is a part that can fail and this all did come from a yard, so anything is possible, but if the sensor is bad, do you think it'd show open circuit?

UPDATE : I found the specs for the sensor and tested it - it tests good. So, I guess I have to go back through my wiring and recheck everything. That really sucks though b/c I've already reinstalled all of the plastic trim work!! :banghead:

Back