• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full size jeep

Ritter4.0

NAXJA Forum User
Are any of the parts of a fullsize jeep direct bolt-ons for a 1990 xj? There is one that is really "built" down the street from me just sitting and has been there for years. I dont have much welding ablility so would it be worth contacting the owner? I am interested in the axles and bumpers.

A grand wagoneer, older cherokee, and J-10 pick-ups were the full sized jeeps. I think the axels can be swaped, though the full sized jeeps used leaf springs front and rear. Thoes jeeps are totally different beasts.

Oh, yeah. The golden oldies. 360 cubes and I believe Dana 44's. Well, it's a safe bet that the bumpers wouldn't fit. They weren't worth shit anyway (lightweight). And you'd need a wider trail through the woods.

IIRC, the front axles are passenger side drops.

IIRC, the front axles are passenger side drops.

81-91 are drivers drop

as far as part workin on a xj, i got a steering box from my old 9o grand wagoneer in my 95xj, stronger box and better ratio

Thanks, this thing has a pre-runner bumper, definitely strong. So it is pretty much a waste of time to try and get the jeep for parts, right.

so i got a Dana 44 out of an older cherokee. are all the dana 44s the same from jeep? this is a six lug

Back