• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Finally Sold My Truck, Need an XJ

Canadiansailor

NAXJA Forum User
I have no Idea if this is going to the right place. If it is, just let me know and I'll remove it.

I am finally free from my truck hasta and can buy the XJ I want. Its pretty Specific so please read on to see all information:

4.0L Straight Six
4x4
5-speed Manual (NO AUTOS!! Wife can't drive a Stick :roflmao:)
4 Door
Dark Colour

I am flexable with the colour so not biggy if it isn't quite what I want. If anyone knows anyone selling in Vancouver B.C. Canada, Washington State, or Oregon USA, please let me know. I have been surfing Craigslist for sometime now and Havn't found the one I want.

Limited budget, so I'm thinking Pre-96, as long as it isn't the 2.8L V6 I'm happy. Not to worried about mods right now, lift and wheels would be nice, but I can do that Myself (even want too!!!) But I do have to check with the boss lady on the budget.

Thanks for the quick reply, thought I was the only insomniac in Washington :spin1:

No prob. I usually don't get home from work and the gym until 3.

Almost headed to bed.

Last edited:
not sure if this combination is available, but i suggest a 242 case, Full-time is the favorite feature of mine!

not sure if this combination is available, but i suggest a 242 case, Full-time is the favorite feature of mine!

(n)

I still dont get why people like the 242 case for the reason of full-time 4wd. If Im going to use 4wd its going to be at a point where part-time will do the exact same thing....? Id much rather have my 231 case with the capability of adding 2low to the mix (which I have done, and it kicks ass).

I guess if you have visions of running 4wd at all times throughout the year go for the 242. Otherwise, save the ground clearence and get a 231.

-Lyle

finally sold the truck huh. about time. continue to check craigslist and also look at the classifieds on here. if you werent set on a 5spd there is an auto being sold on here that i wanted for only 500. just waiting for tax return. but if you want it you should jump on it.

i will talk to you at work today.

I would, but got in a car accident. My car got hit in Wally world yesterday, hit and run. The cops here said they can't really do anything unless I know who did it...wait a minute, isn't that what they're supposed to find out?

So now the money I was going to spend on a new Jeep, has to go on a new new paint job for my car.

I love people sometimes. Hit my car, get out and look, take off and LEAVE THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT!!!!!

Yes I have Insurance, but I'm more tick that he just took off. The cop pretty much told me I have to do the wok to find out who it was that hit me, so thy're useless. My insurance has a $500 deductable whick takes the money from my sale. This sucks!!!

As for Walmart, I can't see the tapes unless there is a cop present (which I understand) so I'll give them until monday and then start asking the Cops what they've done so far.

(n)

I still dont get why people like the 242 case for the reason of full-time 4wd. If Im going to use 4wd its going to be at a point where part-time will do the exact same thing....? Id much rather have my 231 case with the capability of adding 2low to the mix (which I have done, and it kicks ass).

I guess if you have visions of running 4wd at all times throughout the year go for the 242. Otherwise, save the ground clearence and get a 231.

-Lyle
Put your 231 in 4hi, on dry/wet pavement.

then have fun swapping in a new one:rtm:

Well, the cops are really busy in Oak Harbor due to the high crime rate correct or they may be too busy busting guys who don't have mud flaps?:dunno:

Well, the cops here seem to do a great job nailing people doing 5 or 10 over the speed limit, but next time I hit someone, I'll know I can leave the scene with out worrying about it.

As for full time 4wd, that's definatly not what I need, this has to pull double duty driving the family around from time to time. Thanks for the suggestion though, maybe later when I get another vehicle.

I have a 231 and i drove up from cali on the 23 of dec in that thing you all call a winter storm. i grew up in the midwest and that was not a winter storm i only used 4 wheel drive when i was testing traction in a parking lot to test my new tires for traction. 231 does fine. but i think he has a point though when you are driving and you hitting patches of ice 242 would be nice but i like the 231 cuz its a stronger case

Back