• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help asap. Overheating!

projectTK

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 89 cherokee with a 87 corvette motor. Recently i blew my ron davis rad because it over heated. So i made it home. I just put a stock jeep rad in. Buttoned it up. It still over heats and i have no heat in the cab. It takes a mile and its hitting red. I changed the thermostat 3000miles ago. The heater core is clear and flushed. So what the hell do i do next?

You have to understand how a cooling system works before you can diagnose one. You do also know that a radiator cap increases the boiling point inside your radiator, correct? ;) Hint Hint. Have you checked the temp sensor, thermostat or waterpump? Those would be a good place to start.

You MAY have a blown head gasket. Does your exhaust let out white smoke and smells sweet? Or you can have a shop block check it. All it does is tell you if theres exhaust fumes coming through the radiator.

well i let it cool down. Filled it completly up. When i opened the cap pressure came out. I guess i burped it. I got heat for acouple miles and it ran fine. Then it over heated again. Ill try a thermostat tommarow. Then with the more expensive stuff.

Back