• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

on board air?

MONSTERxbla

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for an on board air solution and am thinking a co2 setup is probably the way to go for me. my question is what brand? I have been looking at Powertank, the source, and ultimate air systems. I know that I could piece something together from local welding vendors but don't really want to spend the time doing that...have done it too many times with this jeep. there seems to be a pretty big price difference between the brands. I will probably be going with a 15lb. tank, may run some air tools and have 35's. what do ya think?

I got a co2 tank for free from a friend, and decided to convert it to nitrogen. nitrogen is cleaner and does not have moisture like co2 for running air tools, and it's not affected by temperature fluctuation nearly as much as co2, so if you're out in the desert or even just summer heat you don't have to worry as much about tank pressure build up in the back of the jeep. it definitely is more of a piece together project, but it'll end up a lot cheaper and exactly what i want. i'll post up some pics later when i get the regulator hooked up when the little hard to find $2 fitting shows up

Here is my setup.

20lb C02 tank from local welding supply - $60.00
150psi fixed regulater from RedRock4x4 - $50.00
Hoses, chuck and brackets - $20.00

To swap tank when empty - $10.00

I can generally fill 40 tires from 10-30psi before running out. I can also run hella air tools.

DSC_0976.jpg

Back