• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheelin in the bear

1998xj1985

NAXJA Forum User
Just got back from a trip through gold mountain right now, there was a mishap and a driver tailight is needed, posted an ad in for sale, but if anyone just has one lying around... :eyes:

It would help if you said what year. Your user name suggests that you might have a 98 and an 85.

pic

bodydamage1.jpg

Looks all too familiar, 4k lbs toboggan rides are not cool.

I hate driving in the snow/ice now :(

Looks all too familiar, 4k lbs toboggan rides are not cool.

I hate driving in the snow/ice now :(
Yeah, I remember that run.......I got a bent rear bumper on that trip from that tailgater in the TJ but, you got the worst of it. So, you got rid of your Jeep?----------Hans

Yeah, I remember that run.......I got a bent rear bumper on that trip from that tailgater in the TJ but, you got the worst of it. So, you got rid of your Jeep?----------Hans

He got the best of it... Sometimes it just takes a little prodding to begin the transformation and realize your XJ's full potential....

rolled_yellow.jpg

You girls ready to wheel again?

BTW.. The tail lights are less than $30 on ebay. Just get a new one.

Last edited:
Answer is... pickup the pieces and use good glue :D I wheeled and drove my rig like that for a better part of 2 years till I rolled it and killed the lights completely :D

hey! i saw that jeep on the 57freeway a few weeks back! and it has a rear tire carrier right? i was droppin an axle off and thought it was you who i was meeting so i followed you till my exit, and you kept goin lol.

He got the best of it... Sometimes it just takes a little prodding to begin the transformation and realize your XJ's full potential....

rolled_yellow.jpg

Hey, what's up Kirk! My Toyota's motor is slowly dying (need to rebuild it).......I might have to get the XJ trail worthy and/or get my Bronco out of mothballs! So, that's what happened to the top of your Jeep----------Hans

rolled_yellow.jpg

there were two late models at the pyrite yard so i picked up a pair for 60 :cheers:

haha yeah, that was me, what's yours look like? i seem to recall picking up a tail once...

well actually i was in a pos older silver montero that looks like a big box on wheels, you know those mercedes? looks like that.. but my xj is grey with 5.5 lift and 33's.

I met you on foothill in upland, I was int my red Durango.

Yea, Thats a pretty clean jeep. About 20 minutes after that is when the transfer case in my durango decided to blow up.. I think the presence of your jeep is cursed.

Back