• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

33x13.50 Ltbs on 15x8 wheels??

Banshee_rider95

NAXJA Forum User
I have 5.5in lift and i want to run 33x13.50 LTB's ,its just a trailer queen. Can I use a 8in wheel? I have searched and i get mixed opinions. I like to beat on my rig a good bit and i dont wont the beads blowing everytime i go out. So can someone help me come to a final answer???? 8 or 10????

If its just a trailer queen, then I would most definitely go with 8in.

I have 13.5 wide tires too, and I have 10in wide rims, and I hit my rims on rocks a lot. I went to a 10in wide rim initially because I found that on the street, the tire was heating up too much cause the 8in rim was sucking in the sides a lot.

Been running that setup for a few years now and love it.

IMG_9697-800.jpg

wtf??
Are you serious?

Ya. The normal pressure I would run it at would be too much, and I could feel the middle of the tire getting warmer than the outside. To stop this I would have to air it down pretty far, and I wasn't comfortable doing that with all the highway driving I was doing. Not a problem with the 10's cause the top of the tire is more square.

I run about 15-20 on the street to keep a fairly flat contact pattern. If you run recomended pressure on an 8" rim you won't have any rubber left in the middle of your tire.

On the trail I'll run 8-12 depending on what I'm doing. I've never had a problem with them. You could probably run lower if you wanted.

Since this is a trail rig/trailer queen, no doubt, run 8" rims...

Back