• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick D30 question.

Powerman

NAXJA Forum User
Are Grand Cherokee D30s the same as XJs? There is a long side axle shaft I was going to pick up from a 94 Grand but wasn't sure if it would fit my 2000 D30. There are some short sides at another yard, but I didn't get one because the long side was already gone. The housing was gone so I couldn't be sure of anything. Should I get it? They want $25 for the inner and outer. Also are composite or cast uni-bearings the same between Grands and XJs. Thanks

If i remember correctly, they use CV joints and not u-joints .. you probably don't want them.

If I remember correctly some use CV Joints and some use U-Joints. Not really sure what they used what. for $25 it's worth a look though.

The years vary, so some might have cvs and others will have ujoints. They are all low pinion I beleive. Dont ask me what years though, as I have no idea.
There is a NAXJA version for the grand which you might want to find. That will give you a whole bunch of info on it.

This is u-joint. I had it in my hot litle hands. Just didn't want to get stuck with something I couldn't use. Since it wasn't in the housing I cant be positive what it came out of. It is 27 spline though and looks like a cast rotor unit bearing. I know LP or HP makes no difference. I just want to know if Grand u-joint Dana 30s are the same as XJ Dana 30s.

Back