• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone to off road expo on the 7th?

well just saw that UROC will be at Pomona on the 7th and 8th for the off road expo and thought about going. Anyone else goin? I have family needs on the 8th so I am stuck local to home that weekend.

I went to this event like 8 yrs ago and it seemed like a huge 4 Wheel idiots publicity event. Everything was from them it seemed and everything was for sale. Even the raffles I seem to recall were prizes like 50% off or buy one get one free, or big discounts, but they were going to get your $ somehow for anything/everything....

From what I have read it looks to be more of a Expo now?

I will be going one of the two days, perferably on Saturday. I think there was another thread about it somewhere.

I have not been to this before.

I'll be heading up, one of my clients offered me some tickets and suggested I stop by to socialize for a while. I'm not sure which day yet either.. depends whats going on that weekend.

yeah I will be going sat. UROC will be running on a full couse that they are building for this event it said. Its the newer "RockCross" class. Should be fun to see. Looks like its all included for the 12$ admission. They look to have a Huge portion of the Expo fair grounds allocated to them and thier pits..

It was lots of fun last year, they had lots of cool rigs to check out and the crawling demonstrations were pretty amazing. I was more interested in the Dez racing stuff but the crawling products were out in force also. I'll be going one of the days, still have to figure out the logistics. I will try to dig up the pics from last year.
Chris

I'll be there and my bro Brady's XJ will probably be there, not sure which day though. He said it was awesome last year, and the vendors had sweet stuff for pretty cheap. And he's a pretty cheap guy himself, so he enjoyed it.

Chris

I haven't bought parts for my jeep in MONTHS!!! (2 days) I'm just waiting for the expo. Last year, 4 Wheel Parts would match any price on a product you could bring in an ad for. So we brought in some random ads from online and got some angry 4WP employees and some mega-cheap gear. 4WP employees aren't real people anyway, they'll be okay.

I'm goin on Sunday.

I went last year and had a blast. I really liked how they had almost every product vendor I could think of. Plan on going again this year.

ROBERTK said:
well just saw that UROC will be at Pomona on the 7th and 8th for the off road expo and thought about going. Anyone else goin? I have family needs on the 8th so I am stuck local to home that weekend.

I went to this event like 8 yrs ago and it seemed like a huge 4 Wheel idiots publicity event. Everything was from them it seemed and everything was for sale. Even the raffles I seem to recall were prizes like 50% off or buy one get one free, or big discounts, but they were going to get your $ somehow for anything/everything....

From what I have read it looks to be more of a Expo now?

I've been going every since 01, and it gets bigger and bigger every year. Last year was really cool with the rock crawling demo's. It's huge now, and all the vendors are there, many come from far away. The first time I went it was like 2 buildings. Now it's like in all the buildings, with stuff spilling outside.

I will be there on Saturday, anyone want to do an XJ meetup somewhere on Sat either before or after lunch time? Trying to think of an XJ approprirate booth. Rubicon Express, Olympic (hey, maybe Erik can join us, haha), Alloy USA (hey, maybe Mike Lockwood can join us, haha).

:party: I love the Expo. I just don't hav enough $$$$$$$ to buy all the stuff I want.... By the end of the day the knees & feet al tired from all the :eyes:
See Y'all there......
Curt

Let me know a time and ill try to get out for a bit. I dont think we'll have our xj but we should have a jk. I usually try to take some free time to walk around and visit some of the tire booths with hot chicks in them.

olympic4x4tech said:
Let me know a time and ill try to get out for a bit. I dont think we'll have our xj but we should have a jk. I usually try to take some free time to walk around and visit some of the tire booths with hot chicks in them.

Hey Eric!

You like girls or you just know all the guys will be around the girls?

Hahahhaha!

Ill be in the Full Traction booth this year both days!

Robert

Last edited:
Skullvarian said:
you work for FT? I'll stop by and say hi while I am there, you going to be there both days?

Yeah ill be their both days! Just look for a fat guy covred in tattoos and a long goatie....that would be me!

zzyzx said:
Yeah ill be their both days! Just look for a fat guy covred in tattoos and a long goatie....that would be me!
cool, we'll stop by. Are you the guy I got the 2wd beam from? If not it was another _ _ _ _ all letters, already cleaned out my pm's.

Skullvarian said:
cool, we'll stop by. Are you the guy I got the 2wd beam from? If not it was another _ _ _ _ all letters, already cleaned out my pm's.

Ill see you their!

As for the beam...nope not me. I jacked my name from the road heading to Vegas......its also my old band name too!

how can you pass up brooke the hot rock crawling chick with the pink buggy? The after party last year was crazy. Especially some of the guys that were sponsored by drink companies.

Back