• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blinkers/Hazards dead

co_big_cheese

NAXJA Forum User
Searched but didn't find anything that described my exact problem. Was hoping to fix this before the drive home from work.

My blinkers and hazards were dead as of this morning. No clicking sound or lights on the dash, and not functioning outside the vehicle either. My brights (which work off the same lever) are functioning properly.

Is this simply a blown fuse or one of the blinker/hazard modules? I pulled the cover off the fuse box on the passenger side but everything is numbered and I'm not sure what fuse it might be. Didn't want to start pulling random fuses.

Can anyone tell me which one to check or provide a link? Got a few dirtly looks at lunch driving around.

2000 XJ

Pioneer84 said:
Look at the inside of the cover there should be a dig if not pull each fuse and replace the blown one's

No luck. It says look in the owners manual, and my owners manual says to look on the cover. Apparently this is common on 2000's.

But according to this link, it would be two seperate fuses? #7 & #23 ???? I'll run out and check them but I'm guessing this isn't gonna be the fix?
http://jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=603129

Idiot Wind said:
Search on Combination Flasher. One flasher that controls BOTH the Hazards and the Blinker.

Hmmm...... OK, got them working by pulling both fuses and putting them back in (neither was blown).

Here's what I suspect happened:
They were working fine yesterday, I went and washed the Jeep and the wife decided she was going to clean the inside for me, because it was "disgusting" as she put it. She cleaned and armor-all'ed the doors panels, controls, center console, etc... She must have sprayed a bit of armor-all in the hole in the fuse panel cover and it must have been causing problems for the signals. Thats the best explanation I've got anyways.

The moral of the story? A jeep should never be cleaned!

Back