• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 & 9'' setup Q's

-88fleXJ-

NAXJA Forum User
Please help me out!

my jeep as it sits has a 3'' lift 31'' TSLs and a custom winch bumper.and thats it.

It will be my DD when I sell my car.

my goal is to be on 33s or 35s.(i wheel with guys in TJs on 35s)

my 1st plan was: 8.8 swap-4-5'' lift-33'' MTs-4.56 gears. ect...

BUT a guy I work with is selling the 9'' & d44 out of a 77 F150 for $100:thumbup:
could I build it on these axles for about the $. IF SO please give me some tips on setup like steering - lift - 3link front ect... some pics would be great. thanks

P.S sorry for !!!1

if they're from a 77 f-150, jump on them. You won't find that setup with welded wedges for cheaper. Plus that 9" I believe is a big bearing.
I swapped that setup into my Jeep recently, actually am still in the process of it.

Here's my build. I've got about $500 wrapped up in the entire build and that includes the roll cage that's in the process.

I pulled my set from a 78 F150 payed 150 for them both. I went with a truss from TnT Customs, their steering, their purches as well.

I've seen that done before too. I think it would be cheaper in the long run and it gives you a better ride than rollin with short arms. I keep telling myself I'm gonna get a long arm set up and then buy another rig or do something stupid like destoy part of a d60 on my cucv.

Back