• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best way to repair/brace my frame around my box?

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
well my steering box bolts were cracked at the heads and so i welded them up, fabbed up a load leveling plate across all three extending back towards the coil also with rosette welds inside a few holes. went wheelin' today and the whole unibody right there is movin left n right when i turn so i need more repair going farther back with more support underneath and inside the rail, any advice on this?

c-rok

c-rok's really small though im thinking of incorporating not only bumper bolts/box bolts/sway bar link bolts, but also track bar mount bolts with atleast 1/8" plate. im just looking for someone with experiance of having their frame really f'd up

yes make |_| shape out of metal and weld it up. it will plate the out-side bottom and in-side. then ditch the box spacer and get longer bolts and a more or rustys steering box brace

Back