PDA

View Full Version : Starting a new job!

jeeperjohn
January 22nd, 2009, 15:20
I have been selected to be the newest crime prevention officer for the City Of Temecula Police Department! It won't mean more pay but it is a somewhat prestigious position. I will be replacing the guy who started the program back in the 80's. This job will require hobnobbing with the city officials and the mayor kinda regularly. I will also be doing coordination for special events like the rod run and balloon and wine festival. I hope it all goes well. I have some big shoes to fill.

johnnyc
January 22nd, 2009, 15:25
Congrats John! Take a bite out of crime!

Ryno XJ
January 22nd, 2009, 15:26
Congrats John, now coordinate an XJ event in town.

scottmcneal
January 22nd, 2009, 15:27
Congrats john, good luck

76ANTHONY
January 22nd, 2009, 16:10
congrats, thats an awesome job, well thats what i heard when i got arrested anyway:laugh:j/k
congrats on the promo

Mr. Pickle
January 22nd, 2009, 16:10
Congrats on the new gig!

xjfrankie
January 22nd, 2009, 16:15
Congrats!!!

mikedashg
January 22nd, 2009, 16:25
Cool.

They giving you a crown vic?

Wine festival sounds good to me.

botwalker
January 22nd, 2009, 16:33
Congratulations John.

jeeperjohn
January 22nd, 2009, 17:01
Cool.

They giving you a crown vic?

Wine festival sounds good to me.
Thanks for the replies guys. I should inherit a brand new '09 crown vic with shiny paint and all that.

GrimmJeeper
January 22nd, 2009, 17:06
nice work John, glad to see you moving up :cheers:

Ronbo
January 22nd, 2009, 17:53
Thanks for the replies guys. I should inherit a brand new '09 crown vic with shiny paint and all that.

I think you mean an '09 Crown Vic with shiny paint and a D35 with drum brakes. Kinda weird option, but hey, whatever!

Hehehe.

p.s. Congrats!

4xSanta
January 22nd, 2009, 18:05
Good luck with your new position John.....SANTA

boostamante
January 22nd, 2009, 19:09
awesome! get those darn cholos off the street!

Mr.OverKill
January 22nd, 2009, 19:21
congrats bro

Gerr
January 22nd, 2009, 19:23
sounds like a fun job

Jump This
January 22nd, 2009, 19:39
It is always nice to have friends in the constabulary!

Good job John.

:D

Carol.92124
January 22nd, 2009, 20:30
I think you mean an '09 Crown Vic with shiny paint and a D35 with drum brakes. Kinda weird option, but hey, whatever!

Hehehe.

p.s. Congrats!
Gawd, that was my first "I wonder..." thought; whether the '09 Vics still had the D44 & discs. I can get you a low (<100K) miles D35 with the beefier wider brakes shoes as a trade!

Andy Steiner
January 22nd, 2009, 20:51
I have been selected to be the newest crime prevention officer for the City Of Temecula Police Department! It won't mean more pay but it is a somewhat prestigious position. I will be replacing the guy who started the program back in the 80's. This job will require hobnobbing with the city officials and the mayor kinda regularly. I will also be doing coordination for special events like the rod run and balloon and wine festival. I hope it all goes well. I have some big shoes to fill.

Both Michaelle and I want to move back to California. If we had our way (and jobs to go with it) we would choose Temecula. She wants to get involved with the wine society and I just want to be a whole lot closer to youz guyz 'cause it's a long drive from Las Vegas.

Congrats John!!

besthaticouldo
January 22nd, 2009, 21:04
congrats bro! w00t!

mikedashg
January 22nd, 2009, 22:11

Cool, you'll have to follow my Jeep through town to give me cover.

About 2 months ago I was coming back from JV, and I stopped in Temecula to get some gas. I got pulled over by the local PD. I didn't get a ticket though, BECAUSE I DIDN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG. Apparently if you drive through town after getting gas, and make a wrong turn and then continue down through town, you have drugs in your car.

The guy was a real a-hole. Running me through questions like I just smacked his mother for a hit off a crack pipe. I could understand if I was driving funny, or if I was acting high or something. But this was not the case.

89cherokeexj
January 23rd, 2009, 00:30
Hey John, I just wanted to ask you if you could answer some questions for me. I am currently in the explorer program and just want to find out some more about actually becoming a police officer. such as what are the pros and cons of being a california highway patrol over being a san bernardino county sheriff...if your intersed in answering the questions pm me. I have asked many people and most of them either dont give an answer, or give me an answer that really dont make sense.

jeeperjohn
January 23rd, 2009, 07:57

Hehehe.

p.s. Congrats!
Actually it will have an open 8.8 with big disks.

jeeperjohn
January 23rd, 2009, 08:01
Hey John, I just wanted to ask you if you could answer some questions for me. I am currently in the explorer program and just want to find out some more about actually becoming a police officer. such as what are the pros and cons of being a california highway patrol over being a san bernardino county sheriff...if your intersed in answering the questions pm me. I have asked many people and most of them either dont give an answer, or give me an answer that really dont make sense.
Honestly I don't know anything about SBD sheriff's and little about CHP. I do know that CHP has a whole lot more than just patrolling the freeways. I would suggest looking at their websites for more info about jobs etc.

jeeperjohn
January 23rd, 2009, 08:03
Cool, you'll have to follow my Jeep through town to give me cover.

About 2 months ago I was coming back from JV, and I stopped in Temecula to get some gas. I got pulled over by the local PD. I didn't get a ticket though, BECAUSE I DIDN'T DOING ANYTHING WRONG. Apparently if you drive through town after getting gas, and make a wrong turn and then continue down through town, you have drugs in your car.

The guy was a real a-hole. Running me through questions like I just smacked his mother for a hit off a crack pipe. I could understand if I was driving funny, or if I was acting high or something. But this was not the case.
There are a few deputies out there who get a little nitpicky sometimes. Next time your in Temecula gimme a buzz.

mikedashg
January 23rd, 2009, 09:12
There are a few deputies out there who get a little nitpicky sometimes. Next time your in Temecula gimme a buzz.

Yeah, I think he was just profiling me and felt like running a non-local through the ringer.

National Drivetrain
January 23rd, 2009, 10:00
Cool, Congrats John. You probably know my cousin Jeret McC?????? that works Temec. (Sheriff)

jeeperjohn
January 23rd, 2009, 10:10
Cool, Congrats John. You probably know my cousin Jeret McC?????? that works Temec. (Sheriff)
Yeah, I've talked Jeeps with him alot. He told me about you.

ocean_jet
January 23rd, 2009, 10:17
Congrats John!

National Drivetrain
January 23rd, 2009, 10:56
Yeah, I've talked Jeeps with him alot. He told me about you.

It's all lies except for the naked stuff:party:

SanDiegoXJ
January 23rd, 2009, 20:27
Grats on the new job! :peace:

toyotawrench
January 23rd, 2009, 21:05
wo0t congrads. and the people think that thrill craft people are all "bad apples" jerk offs hehe wo0t on the new position.

danwho
January 24th, 2009, 22:16
Good luck with your new job, it is 40 hours, or more if you have to "hob-nob"??

xtimmax
January 25th, 2009, 12:03
Congrats dude!! :cheers:

markw
January 25th, 2009, 19:54
Cool, spread this info to your fellow LEO. :)

http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/Sacramento-PD-OLL_Training_Bulletin-2008-11-18.pdf