• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BEER and FOOD on me for your help!!!

Akira

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,

So I'm finally done with my motorcycle money-pit... On to the NEXT right...

- As you'll see in my past posting... I have a 92 4.0 4dr 5spd XJ. and I'm currently have the following:

1. 5.5 Rubicon Express 5.5 lift kit - mono tube shocks (needing to be installed ASAP)
2. 35' Baja claws Radials
3. MT's classic lock 2nd model
4. Rear Dana 44 (NOT installed)
5. Tom woods custom drive shaft (not installed)
6. AFE intake (installed)
7. Flowmaster 40 (installed)

At this point(in the next few weeks) I NEED help with the lift installation.
-I do have access to a hydrolic lift in Renton, to hopfully make things easier!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOUR GAME

BEER & FOOD - ON ME!!!! =)

Did you get your axles geared?

My plan is to get that done right after teh lift kit has been installed. Once its done I take it down to 4 wheel parts in Renton and they'll do it for me. I figure I'll go with the 4.88s.

get your gears done first since the dana 44 is out of your rig it should cost less, and the front wont matter since it won't be in 4wd when you drive it home.. I would try a local shop instead of 4WP. Driving with 35s and stock gears would not be fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I remember right it's cheaper to gear with axles out of the rig, so may as well do that before you build it. And I take it you're located in Renton? (You never actually said, just said you have access to a lift there)

~Scott

It can be found in the NW Vendor list in the NWC classifieds.

Does it start with an "A" and end with an "uburn Car Repair and Offroad"?

:dunno:

~Scott

Muddy Butt FTW.

You partying tomorrow still?

I'm NOT Alex...incase you forgot. :Illegalflipoffsmiley:
:conceited

~Scott

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback!!! I was hoping we could knock out the lift kit now... Doing so, I can simpy take it directly to where I'm going to get it regeared.
AND yes, the DANA 44 is currently not installed.

If I can just drive with STOCK wheels with teh lift installed to the place then they can put in the DETROIT REAR LOCKER, the axles and FINALLY the tires.

How does that sound?!?!?!?!

ONE MORE THING, if you could PM me if your interested we can talk further... That would be awesome!

Thanks guys,

Also a few of you mentioned a local guy.... I was quoted by 4wheel parts in renton:

1. rear detriot locker
2. installation of 4.88s front and rear gearing
3. axle installation

For a total of $2,125.00

let me know!

Call Auburn Car Repair and talk to John, see what kind of a price he can give you. You should also buy a can of PB Blaster and spray down every suspension bolt/nut now. That will help keep whomever installs your lift from stripping/destroying any captive nuts, which are a PITA to replace.

If you have a date reserved for the lift, post it and see who's available to help that day.

You shouldn't need to have a shop install the axle if your already installing the lift. When putting the lift on you basically take the rear axle off. Put the new one in when your putting it back together.

Back