• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sye with front DS.

Scooterchris05@com

NAXJA Forum User
I know this question has been asked before, but hold on. I just picked up a 231 w/ sye. It is not the type of sye with a yolk, but a flange. It was out of a TJ. I scored the rear shaft from the TJ also. Obvisiouly way to short. I measured up the rough lenghth and the front shaft seems to be the correct lenght till it would be compressed. I am pretty sure I will have to have a rear made out of the TJ shaft since it has the flange mount and the axle joint. Ant input?? Thanks.

the front DS from an auto XJ will work. what lift height are you at? and for the flange, spicer makes an adapter so you can use the shaft. its a common method for an SYE. just search the site for SYE stuff and youll run across the part #. or someone will chime in with it.

Like said above from D/S from a 4wd XJ or custom shaft.

Sorry guys. Lift now is 3 or 3.5. Looking to BB another 2 inches, and add LCA in near future. I 've got the adapter. Just need to put it on my front ds. Are you sure it is not to long? Sure seems like when compressing rear it would be to tight? Thanks guys.

You're better off posting pics... People don't like to have to read... :D

Yes, a front driveshaft is just about right for the rear when used with a standard sye.

With the flange and adapter, depending on how much length you gain, the front ds might be too long for your rear.

You'll really a have to get it in, and measure.

(If you gain enough out of the adapter, you just might get away with the front shaft out of a manual XJ... Just a thought)

Robert

Back