• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vibrating and wierd noises...not in a good way either.

jmeti000

NAXJA Forum User
my lil 87 has issues...but the biggest one for right now is a vibration and a growling noise between 10-15mph. its been regeared to 4.10's and didnt have an issue with it until 3-4 months after. i just swapped in an ax15 so i got a good close up look at all my u-joints and they are all just fine, not dry or binding at all. i dont get any clunks or vibration and noise at any other speed, takeoff, and accel/deceleration and other than that range its fine. like i said its just at the 10-15mph range....anyone?????

where does it sound like the noise is coming from? Does it make the noise while accelerating past 10-15 or when driving at a constat speed of 10-15? Is it 2 or 4 wheel drive?

Please give as much info as you can, even if you think it doesn't pertain to your problem.

the noise seems to come from rear of the vehicle, however sometimes it just seems to sound like its from all directions. the noise happens all the time no matter if im accelerating, decelerating, or just coastin through a school zone...but its ONLY in that specific range and im in 2 wheel drive.

Back