• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

budget boost under $900.. haha

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
so i been trying to figure out how to keep my jeep right around the height it is with a blown out BB. background on the jeep.. 31" mtrs on moabs, RE BB with aal, stock suspension has 108k on it. so anyways im looking to keep within the 2" height as i like the stance and the ride.

heres where it gets weird i guess. im not looking to go any higher but in the process of doing the lift id like to replace my worn out lcas, leaf packs and coils. im sure youre all thinking- OME, end of story. but i have been sitting here kicking around a couple other options. here me out...

option #1- teraflex BB, qtec replacement parts(hd leaf packs, new coils, bushings, lca's), ome shocks.. roughly 2.25" lift

option #2- rustys 2" coil/shackle, qtec hd rear leaf springs, ome shocks, additional spring isolator.. roughly 2.5" lift

any thoughts? i know $900 is redic to spend on a 2" lift.. but when you daily drive it, love the stance you have and dont wheel too much.. well you know. thanks for the help guys:roflmao:

What does the Teraflex BB consist of? I like the replacement coil instead of a spacer. Also, you may consider after market LCAs. The extra strength over the stamped steel ones do add to a better ride and steering.

Since you love the height and wont a great ride: Why not get OME coils for the front, Quadratec HD Leaves, with a OME AAL and you would still some green left over for new LCA's/bushings. I think that would be a nice ride. Just my $.02

None of that comes out to be $900 though...

I'd get some OME coils HD leafs, 3/4" shackle, monotube/OME shocks, bushings and some of rough country's new LCAs, and a track bar and call it good

What does the Teraflex BB consist of? I like the replacement coil instead of a spacer. Also, you may consider after market LCAs. The extra strength over the stamped steel ones do add to a better ride and steering.

teraflex BB consist of a spacer and a rear shackle.... i was thinking new lowers, but if i get stock replacements with new bushings- they should last me another 100k? i dunno...

Since you love the height and wont a great ride: Why not get OME coils for the front, Quadratec HD Leaves, with a OME AAL and you would still some green left over for new LCA's/bushings. I think that would be a nice ride. Just my $.02

thats not a bad idea... wouldnt the HD leaf pack and the OME aal give me around 3"??

None of that comes out to be $900 though...

I'd get some OME coils HD leafs, 3/4" shackle, monotube/OME shocks, bushings and some of rough country's new LCAs, and a track bar and call it good

the 2 options i listed are $940 and $945.. a 5$5 difference. couldnt believe it. OME shocks are cheaper than monotubes, plus they ride better so ill go with those. as for a trackbar- i have wondered if ill need one. with my current BB, i dont need one as my stock one(which i replaced with a new OEM to pass inspection) is doing fine.

I gotta agree, there's more options with this route, $900 would buy EVERYTHING you would ever need for a 3" lift.

x2 get an OME 3" kit and add some adjustable lower control arms.

That's Insane! a full 3" lift kit is hardly worth $600 Let alone More then double that!

are you purposely looking for the most expensive stuff out there?

There's a difference in "you get what you pay for" and "You got Ripped off!"

That's Insane! a full 3" lift kit is hardly worth $600 Let alone More then double that!

are you purposely looking for the most expensive stuff out there?

There's a difference in "you get what you pay for" and "You got Ripped off!"

i went to dirk, the one person everyone says go to for your OME needs... yea.

do what? im not purposely looking for the most expensive stuff out there. ok... a 3" that includes shocks, control arms, trackbar, coils, and leaf packs is worth $600? prove it.... oh and when i say shocks i mean quality- not kidney jarring junk.

I paid less than $900 for my RE3.5" with rear leafs.

yea but how much lift did you net?

probably closer to 4.5"

I know, you dont want a high lift. I still don't think spending $900 on a budget boost is a worthwhile pursuit.

Go with the OME 2in kit, offers a great ride and the parts are top quality, if you're gonna spend $900 why not do it right and end up with an awesome ride and offroad ability.

He still has to spend 790-830 for the lift. Then if he was LCA's and a track bar there is another 500! My question to the OP is do you wheel it? I think LCA's would be a good idea in that case. If you don't wheel it much you can get away with stock LCA's! my .02

He still has to spend 790-830 for the lift. Then if he was LCA's and a track bar there is another 500! My question to the OP is do you wheel it? I think LCA's would be a good idea in that case. If you don't wheel it much you can get away with stock LCA's! my .02

i wheel it once or twice every 3-4 months. thats why im planning on buying stock replacement lca's with new bushings. so with a 2" OME, id hope to net 2.5" and throw a set fo stock lca's back up front, keep my OEM trackbar(fine with my current BB), and call it a day. at least thats what id like to do.... but i posted up other possible options to get me around the 2"-2.5" range with a comfy ride.

i wheel it once or twice every 3-4 months. thats why im planning on buying stock replacement lca's with new bushings. so with a 2" OME, id hope to net 2.5" and throw a set fo stock lca's back up front, keep my OEM trackbar(fine with my current BB), and call it a day. at least thats what id like to do.... but i posted up other possible options to get me around the 2"-2.5" range with a comfy ride.

Oh stock replacement LCA's! errrr..... im a tard!:wierd:

Back