• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender Trimming question

jeepfreak1020

NAXJA Forum User
So i pulled off my bushwackers today to look at the trimming job the girl did on the jeep before i owned it... and its one shity trimming job. They start to trim then stopped.

bushwhacker1.jpg

Like this is what the did on the front and back they started then left the top. Im going to finish trimming them so what should i use to trim them sawzll or a grinder or what else? And then do i round them off or what any info will help guys.

I'm thinking maybe cut that vertical, black line then pound the seam flat. It looks like they cut the welds like Scott said, so by cutting that vertical line you'll keep the remaining welds. Mine I didn't cut any of that out, just did all vertical cuts and punded the "flaps" flat.

i think the reason she cut like that is because the bushwacker instructions are like that i dont know why but when i put mine on thats how the instructions said to trim the fenders.

ek yep the previous owner cut the spot weldys. as said above, cut between the spot welds and bend the resulting tabs up.

my tools of preference were a 4" angle grinder, dremel, and hammer. i used a metal cut off wheel to do most of the dirty work and tab cuts, then the grinder wheel to smooth it out before hammering the tabs up. then finally the dremel for some quick touch up for sharp edges

theres a bunch of great write ups on all this if you have any more questions/concerns

i did the same thing to my jeep. i cut past the spot welding points and i had to pinch and weld my fenders back together. then i ground them down flush and going to put herculiner on them so they dont rust

Back