• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'99XJ Engine Into a '00XJ

AbkshelbyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Here is a question for the engine swap guru's I hope we have on here. I just bought a ridiculously nice second '00 Cherokee Sport 4x4 with 120k miles on it. Well AFTER I bought the damn thing I realized the engine has a MAJOR oil pressure problem. It runs but I think the engine has been overheated at some point. It can be rebuilt but I have access to a '99 Cherokee engine with 80k on it and it ran well until the dude wrecked the Cherokee. (Well ok it wasn't his fault but still he should not have parted the Cherokee over a sideswipe for God's sake). I know the distributor is different on the '00. Will that distributor exchange onto the '99 engine? I know the '00 intake is revised and could bolt up to the '99 engine. I guess I am asking what do I need to do to swap these engines. Any help is appreciated.

It's all plug and play. Search button hit that little guy up. theres TONS of info here, just gotta hunt it down. it's half the fun.

Here is a question for the engine swap guru's I hope we have on here. I just bought a ridiculously nice second '00 Cherokee Sport 4x4 with 120k miles on it. Well AFTER I bought the damn thing I realized the engine has a MAJOR oil pressure problem. It runs but I think the engine has been overheated at some point. It can be rebuilt but I have access to a '99 Cherokee engine with 80k on it and it ran well until the dude wrecked the Cherokee. (Well ok it wasn't his fault but still he should not have parted the Cherokee over a sideswipe for God's sake). I know the distributor is different on the '00. Will that distributor exchange onto the '99 engine? I know the '00 intake is revised and could bolt up to the '99 engine. I guess I am asking what do I need to do to swap these engines. Any help is appreciated.

The 1999 head wont have the bolt hole bosses for the coil pack/rail to bolt to.

Id stick with the 2000 intake. They are supposed to be better. Just messing with 1 vacuum line and plugging the other. The sensor in manifold is on the other side on the 2000, so you'll have to lenghten the wires.

Fuel injectors are different for 2000 and 1999, but the 1999 fuel rail will work on the 2000 intake.

The dist from the 2000 will work in the 1999 block.

Best part is you're getting rid of the piss-poor 0310 cracking head problem. Which I have to change mine soon before the bearings wipe out. You will need to adapt in from the 1999 exhaust manifold to the exhaust pipes.

Best part is you're getting rid of the piss-poor 0310 cracking head problem. Which I have to change mine soon before the bearings wipe out. You will need to adapt in from the 1999 exhaust manifold to the exhaust pipes.

My engine has been run hot I think. This may be what has wiped the thing out. The dude won't just sell me the shortblock so I may not get it. I'll wait and find a '00 or '01 engine more than likely.

Back