• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JK shocks

MPETESS10

NAXJA Forum User
I read somewhere in the last 2 weeks or so about someone using stock JK rubi shocks on their lifted XJ and now I cant seem to find where I read it at. if anyone knows what I am talking about or has a link to this info PLEASE POST IT UP
thanks in advance

Yes I did it on 2 XJ's now. Works good for a 3" lifted XJ. Just need to play with the bushings to get them to fit... (Ie press your old ones out and put them in the new shocks). I think just the rear lower bushings need to be changed but it's been a while since I did it and I can't remember the exact mix of bushings/shocks that we used.

The rear lowers will need the metal collar pushed out like I described for the front bar pins.

I have had them on my Cherokee for several miles now and love them. If you have any questions, let me know.

John

thanks for the help.
I have a set of stock JKu sahara shocks coming my way hopefully tonite. I guess I will find out here real soon what is involved and how well they will work out. I am hoping there isnt any difference in length between the rubi's and the other models.

thanks again everyone

thanks for the help.
I have a set of stock JKu sahara shocks coming my way hopefully tonite. I guess I will find out here real soon what is involved and how well they will work out. I am hoping there isnt any difference in length between the rubi's and the other models.

thanks again everyone

PM me if you have any problems or questions... :)

John

Back