PDA

View Full Version : I need help Sunday 1/25, anyone?

MJR
January 20th, 2009, 11:18
I am looking for someone(s) to help me move three 4.0L engines/misc from work to my house. Anyone got a small utility trailer and tow rig? Loading stuff at work isn't a problem just unloading it at home. One motor is complete on a engine stand, another torn down to the block on a stand, and the third torn down loose. Th is for this Sunday January 25th.

Original_MudButt
January 20th, 2009, 11:40
I have a trailer that's about 4' x 8' that I use to tow motorcycles with. It's got a 3/4 inch plywood deck.... should work perfectly...

I can help you out on Sunday.....

toyotawrench
January 20th, 2009, 11:49
I will help, i can pull the trailer with the wj, if need be, but i will offer my services. give me a ring, 7 one 4 3 six 6 7 seven 2 6

peace
ted

silverslk
January 20th, 2009, 12:41
I will offer up my bronco to tow (tow package and reciever hitch). I also have an engine hoist we can bring along (one of the cheap fold-up Harbor Freight ones). Just need a trailer.

Another option is my neighbor has a tacoma pick up. I could probably borrow it (or get him to help).

Original_MudButt
January 20th, 2009, 13:37
Sorry, I guess I should have posted that I have a tow vehicle as well....

karstic
January 20th, 2009, 14:37
Shoot everyone beat me to it.

johnnyc
January 20th, 2009, 15:25
MIke, what's wrong with using your pickup truck? Surely a Nissan will hold three engines. :laugh3: You'd need a cherry picker to unload them at home. I could go borrow Curt's.

boostamante
January 20th, 2009, 15:54
or you could use the Jedi mind trick and get them out the truck that way.

I would help out but im gonna be out of town. dammit!

MJR
January 20th, 2009, 20:37
MIke, what's wrong with using your pickup truck? Surely a Nissan will hold three engines. :laugh3: You'd need a cherry picker to unload them at home. I could go borrow Curt's.

It's a street truck not a work truck, lol. Frankly it's just a PITA to do it in my truck. It shouldn't take any time at all with a trailer, probably one load would do it. I was going to have to move the toolbox home but I will probably hold off until I see what happens at work.

MJR
January 20th, 2009, 20:45
Just kinda trying to get a feel for who might be the closest (don't want it to be a PITA for anyone) with a trailer and if need be a cherry picker but honestly I think 2 or 3 people could easily lift the motor off the trailer if it has a low deck or drop down tailgate. At work I can use the forklift if need be. Not sure where I am going to put all this crap at home but I am tired of my boss bugging me about it all. Thanks to those that have posted up so far. I am going to think about it for a day or so.

Southwest Chuck
January 20th, 2009, 21:01
Sounds like you've got it covered, but if you still need help, let me know.... No trailer, but I can tow and I'm local!

GSequoia
January 20th, 2009, 21:11
You know Mike you'll never get that garage cleaned out if you keep dragging toys home from work. :D

MJR
January 20th, 2009, 21:29
You know Mike you'll never get that garage cleaned out if you keep dragging toys home from work. :D

Can't help it, I hate to see stuff go to scrap. I aquired something cool not too long ago.

GrimmJeeper
January 20th, 2009, 21:44
my MJ is stock height shouldnt be too bad getting motors in and out of it, and Johnny was kind enough to give me a plastic bedliner so i dont mind loading her up. i can help out if bases arent covered yet.

markw
January 20th, 2009, 21:56
Hmm. Kevin's got a double axle trailer and is < 1 hour away. I passed this on to him.

markw
January 20th, 2009, 21:58
I have a trailer that's about 4' x 8' that I use to tow motorcycles with. It's got a 3/4 inch plywood deck.... should work perfectly...

I can help you out on Sunday.....

Those are rated at around 1000lbs if it's what I'm thinking of. 3 XJ motors may kill it. :) I'm under the impression that the 4.0 is north of 600lbs.

rpraterxj
January 20th, 2009, 22:13
Hey Mike,

I can help out. I can get a box truck with a ramp from work. Or, I can get a pick-up with a trailer that can easily haul a couple of thousand pounds.

Heck, I can also get a stake bed truck with a small crane (jib crane). It should lift the motors with ease.

What time on Sunday? I will get the keys to either one on Friday and then get it on Sunday morning.

LMK!

Original_MudButt
January 21st, 2009, 00:28
Those are rated at around 1000lbs if it's what I'm thinking of. 3 XJ motors may kill it. :) I'm under the impression that the 4.0 is north of 600lbs.

No, this is a real motorcycle trailer, not one of those harbor freight pieces of crap....

3" C channel, full leafs, 15" wheels..... It was a homebrew but was VERY well made..... I'd say it will haul 2000 lbs. min.....

I can post pics.....

Jump This
January 21st, 2009, 01:36
I got a brand spankin' new car hauler trailer.
Not even a scratch on it yet.
LMK if you need it.

:D

4xSanta
January 21st, 2009, 06:25
Sorry Mike gone wheelin at Truckhaven this weekend but if plans change I got all the stuff to get er done some other time.......SANTA

toyotawrench
January 22nd, 2009, 13:26
Sooo... who do you want to help you lol!!! Or is this going to turn into 2 people working and 7rigs and 15 people supervising??

olny on NAXJA:cheers:

MJR
January 22nd, 2009, 13:26
Hey Mike,

I can help out. I can get a box truck with a ramp from work. Or, I can get a pick-up with a trailer that can easily haul a couple of thousand pounds.

Heck, I can also get a stake bed truck with a small crane (jib crane). It should lift the motors with ease.

What time on Sunday? I will get the keys to either one on Friday and then get it on Sunday morning.

Ok Robert your it for the truck/tailer and I will be moving my toolbox as home so a trailer that we can rool it off would be great.

I could use a few hands(3 or 4 people should work, all are welcome though) to help move/lift stuff. Local guys would be cool so it's not a PITA for someone to have to drive far just to move my crap around. Go ahead and post up who wants to come down and help. Thanks to all.

Figure we'll meet at the dealer at 10am 1/25 Sunday morning. Address is 40 Auto Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618

Mike R

toyotawrench
January 22nd, 2009, 13:28
LOL HOW IRONIC....

MJR
January 22nd, 2009, 13:35
Sooo... who do you want to help you lol!!! Or is this going to turn into 2 people working and 7rigs and 15 people supervising??

olny on NAXJA:cheers:

Lol, could be if you need to an excuse to get out of the house or away from the wife :)

MJR
January 22nd, 2009, 13:35
LOL HOW IRONIC....

???

toyotawrench
January 22nd, 2009, 13:39
Well we probably posted that at nearly the sametime just kind of random. So what dealer do you work at in irvine autocenter?

peace
ted

MJR
January 22nd, 2009, 14:04
Well we probably posted that at nearly the sametime just kind of random. So what dealer do you work at in irvine autocenter?

peace
ted

Tuttle/Click Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Hyundai.

GSequoia
January 22nd, 2009, 15:33
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Hyundai.

Umm... Which one of these isn't like the others. :eyes:

It's like the odd pairings back in the AMC/Renault days.

johnnyc
January 22nd, 2009, 15:38
Umm... Which one of these isn't like the others. :eyes:

Always singling out the Koreans.

GSequoia
January 22nd, 2009, 15:41
Always singling out the Koreans.

Them crazy Koreans and their $9,999 econobox cars!

MJR
January 22nd, 2009, 16:06
Them crazy Koreans and their $9,999 econobox cars!

Yah just think there is like 4 or 5 on Consumer Reports best buy list and the Genesis I think just got a Car of the Year award or beat out Toyota/Lexus in quaility. Not like those old $4,995 cars of 1986.

rpraterxj
January 22nd, 2009, 16:20
Ok Robert your it for the truck/tailer and I will be moving my toolbox as home so a trailer that we can rool it off would be great.

I could use a few hands(3 or 4 people should work, all are welcome though) to help move/lift stuff. Local guys would be cool so it's not a PITA for someone to have to drive far just to move my crap around. Go ahead and post up who wants to come down and help. Thanks to all.

Figure we'll meet at the dealer at 10am 1/25 Sunday morning. Address is 40 Auto Center Dr, Irvine, CA 92618

Mike R

OK. I will confirm for sure tomorrow. We have a delivery tomorrow and I have to make sure the truck will be back here by Sunday. Sometimes the driver just takes the truck home if the delivery is late in the day.

Worst case, I will bring the box truck or stakebed truck with the crane.

How heavy is your tool box? I want to make sure the crane can lift it if we have to.

I will call you tomorrow monring.

MJR
January 22nd, 2009, 16:32
How heavy is your tool box?

Uh I don't know, think Honda Civic or Accord. :)

Clean Racing
January 22nd, 2009, 17:22
How heavy is your tool box?

Just to think about this.. I had to get a flat bed to move mine the last 3 moves.. Its staying home untill I move the house again... I hate moving my tool box, all the drawers get messed up..
Have fun with that, Id rather have a lift gate and straps..

GSequoia
January 22nd, 2009, 18:21
Not like those old $4,995 cars of 1986.

Not to mention they no longer have that cross between a Honda, a Fiat, and a cardboard box look to 'em ;)

MJR
January 23rd, 2009, 10:03
Ok so who is coming to help??????

johnnyc
January 23rd, 2009, 10:05
I'll be there...that's a given. :wave1:

GSequoia
January 23rd, 2009, 10:44
Not I, I've got a '71 Ford to work on. Stupid front pump seals requiring transmission removal! (never got around to buttoning everything back up. Holly wants her driveway back!)

Vince
January 23rd, 2009, 14:29
Ok so who is coming to help??????
Thinking about it... let me ask the boss...

Sorry, she says I can help you tidy your garage at the end of March but I can't come over any sooner.

Don't go hurting your back.

Mr. Pickle
January 23rd, 2009, 14:46
MJR, PM sent.

Southwest Chuck
January 23rd, 2009, 14:58
I forgot a previous commitment, so I can't make the 10:00am time but I'm free after 12:30. Maybe I can help un-load when you get back to Costa Mesa? Let me know where to meet you and I'll be there! Nine 4 Nine , 35 five, seven 20 six.

rpraterxj
January 23rd, 2009, 15:25
I have the truck and trailer secured. I wish I had a lift gate but not so lucky.

The trailer is about 20" from the ground. I do have ramps so hopefully that will help with the unloading.

MJR
January 23rd, 2009, 22:39
I'll be there...that's a given. :wave1:

Thanks. :D

MJR
January 23rd, 2009, 22:42
I forgot a previous commitment, so I can't make the 10:00am time but I'm free after 12:30. Maybe I can help un-load when you get back to Costa Mesa? Let me know where to meet you and I'll be there! Nine 4 Nine , 35 five, seven 20 six.

Not a problem. You can give me a call on my cell (714)875-5711 to find out where we are at. My home address is below. Thanks.

2228 Raleigh Ave
Costa Mesa, CA 92627

Southwest Chuck
January 23rd, 2009, 22:45
Sounds Good. I'll call you as soon as I get free.

MJR
January 23rd, 2009, 22:47
Thinking about it... let me ask the boss...

Sorry, she says I can help you tidy your garage at the end of March but I can't come over any sooner.

Don't go hurting your back.

Oh come now don't let roughly 6,000 miles stop you. :D

Sure your up to the challenge of my garage, lol.

Try not to.

MJR
January 23rd, 2009, 22:48
I have the truck and trailer secured. I wish I had a lift gate but not so lucky.

The trailer is about 20" from the ground. I do have ramps so hopefully that will help with the unloading.

No problem, it's great. My driveway slopes down to the street so with the trailer backed in right it should be about level to unload it.

BajaCurt
January 23rd, 2009, 22:51
Mike I can help if extra manpower is needed.
Let me know

Mr. Pickle
January 24th, 2009, 20:17
I'll be there bright and early. Curt, I will have those parts with me in case you show up.

~Layton

Vince
January 25th, 2009, 03:33
Sure your up to the challenge of my garage, lol.You saw the mess mine was in. It took me three days to get everything sorted and crated so I could get two Jeeps inside. I got rid of a lot of stuff that I knew I wasn't going to use again, including both of my old trailers. Turned some of it into cash which was nice. I haven't missed anything I've got rid of so far, but having the space to work in now is great when it rains.

MJR
January 25th, 2009, 18:28
You saw the mess mine was in. It took me three days to get everything sorted and crated so I could get two Jeeps inside. I got rid of a lot of stuff that I knew I wasn't going to use again, including both of my old trailers. Turned some of it into cash which was nice. I haven't missed anything I've got rid of so far, but having the space to work in now is great when it rains.

You can get cars in your garage? I can only dream about that, lol. It would be nice to work in the garage some day, sigh.

Hey thanks to Robert, Johnny, Curt, and Layton for coming over to help. It didn't take long at all. I managed to get it all in the garage after a little rearranging. I really need to get rid of a bunch more stuff.

johnnyc
January 25th, 2009, 18:42
Have another yard sale. It's been years since the last one.

BajaCurt
January 25th, 2009, 18:48
Hey thanks to Robert, Johnny, Curt, and Layton for coming over to help. It didn't take long at all. I managed to get it all in the garage after a little rearranging. I really need to get rid of a bunch more stuff.

I was glad to help. Sorry I couldn't join you for pizza but I'm sure Johnny made up for it. Plus I got to see Marvin's new cowl induction hood...nice!!
And if you really need to get rid of more stuff I will gladly take that NP231 4 to 1 off your hands for you :D
And thanks Layton for bringing my parts. Now I'm about ready to lift the Baja XJ a little more.

rpraterxj
January 25th, 2009, 18:51
No problem Mike!

I am glad to finally get to help you with something instead of you helping me.... :wave:

Mr. Pickle
January 25th, 2009, 19:00
Hey, no problem Mike, glad to help and see everyone. Next time you need help feel free to give me a shout. Looking forward to your centerfold in JP coming up :shhh:

Curt, thank you for helping me out with those parts. And you are right, Marvin looks great with that hood!!

johnnyc
January 25th, 2009, 19:01
No pizza. We went to Fuddrucker's. Mike wanted me to a get a one pound burger, but I only went with the half-pounder.

Oh yeah, and we all got to see what was inside Mike's super secret container. :D

GSequoia
January 25th, 2009, 19:56
Have another yard sale. It's been years since the last one.

Oh god no.

I can't afford it!

xtimmax
January 25th, 2009, 22:59
No pizza. We went to Fuddrucker's. Mike wanted me to a get a one pound burger, but I only went with the half-pounder.

Oh yeah, and we all got to see what was inside Mike's super secret container. :D

Yea... But how many half pounders is the question...

:D

toyotawrench
January 26th, 2009, 10:59
Hey sorry I was not able to make it, had to pay some bills and could not spair the gas to drive there :( I hate being on a shi@## budget. HAHA im stuck at home till my unemployment check comes either today or tomorrow lol... Hope you guys got everything handled, and I wasn't needed. Other wise I will feel like shiz :/ peace ted

MJR
January 26th, 2009, 21:56
Hey sorry I was not able to make it, had to pay some bills and could not spair the gas to drive there :( I hate being on a shi@## budget. HAHA im stuck at home till my unemployment check comes either today or tomorrow lol... Hope you guys got everything handled, and I wasn't needed. Other wise I will feel like shiz :/ peace ted

Nah it's all good man. Wondered what happened to you. Got it all, three 4.0L's in various pieces, toolbox, shocks, 91 XJ, and other misc crap all home now.

Now need to get started on building the work bench/storage shelf I want in the garage so I can get organized and actually do something in there.

toyotawrench
January 28th, 2009, 16:36
Now need to get started on building the work bench/storage shelf I want in the garage so I can get organized and actually do something in there.
\

lol well if your gona be welding, i'm in i need pratice, stupid gas welding is kickin my arse. teach me way lol. Gimme a hollar if you need some help, i got gas now :p.

peace
ted