• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking for a cup holder

Rodrigo_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hello....please, does anyone know where could I buy the factory OEM cup holder for a 84-96 Cherokee?

This is the model Im looking for:
LCUPHOLD.JPG

I have found a few of them on ebay but the sellers don´t send out the States so I would like to know about any online shop where I could buy it......anyway, has anybody got one to sell?

Thanks in advance

Regards

i might have one ill check it out an i'll get back to you but if you want a can always get you one from the dealer an ship out to you

i might have one ill check it out an i'll get back to you but if you want a can always get you one from the dealer an ship out to you

Thank you, that would be great. I´ll be waiting your news.

I have been lbrowsing at teamcherokee but they just have this other model, the same I´ve already got:
2992-xjCUP.JPG

Thank you guys

I have one and its for sale.

I replaced the side mount style cup hoder for the fact it would basically only hold cans. I bought the center mount from quadratec and of course the holes were just as small, but since the plastic was thinner, I heated it up slightly with a torch, and shoved a 20 oz. bottle in to stretch it out. It worked perfectly, it made the hole deeper and wider. When I tried that to the thicker platic, side mount, it stretched funny and got really thin in spots. Just some info in case you wanted to try it.

Thanks Wayne for the part number.

Rodrigo, did you get the cup holder you need? Since Wayne has the part number, I will check with my dealer and place a order, so if you need it, I can order it for you. Not sure what shipping would be like!!! Is there a dealer in Spain?

I have one on my 90, and I like it and I can remove it if needed. The parking brake ones seem to be in the way,,,,,,,

Enjoy,
Bob

FYI a friend of mine had one of the side ones. She tossed it and got the other style as her coffee kept falling out of it. Made a mess on the floor that I had to clean for her! Moves too much and not deep enough according to her. Also passengers hit it all the time.

Hi Bob, I´m in process of buying one to joe_peters but I would buy yours too because a friend of mine is looking for another one so tell me you price with shipping cost to 38320 Spain, please.

I really appreciate all your opinions about side vs ebrake moounting. I have the ebrake cupholder mounted and it is ver unpractical for me for the following reasons:

-It is very weak..In fact it broken on the screws fittings broking at the same time the console cover :(
-It makes difficult to use the brake and I had to tight the cables a lot.
-I can´t use the armrest at the same time Im using the cupholder.....use the transmission shift is very hard with a can in place.

So I will try the side mounting but I will keep the ebrake cupholder in my garage, I would use it again if needed.

Thanks !!

..........and of course we have Jeeps dealers in Spain but as every car dealer in Europe they are toooooooooooo expensive and they dont use to stock spare parts for old models.

Regards

Last edited:
Your profile says you have a '96 like I do. I screwed a bicycle down tube bottle cage into the dash right under the center vent on both of ours. Works great for cans and small bottles.
Of course with two 2 door Cherokees we have bottle holders where others have rear doors, fair trade if you ask me.

Hello Mike... Your idea like the Wim ones is maybe the most practical but I like a lot the "original" look of the dash with no accesories .....for now.

Thank you very much!!

Back