• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Did you miss me ?

mojojojo

NAXJA Forum User
well, i missed you ! and my power !

lost power at about 12pm saturday. thought meh, no big deal. but figured i'd take a shower and use the hot water while i could. Thank God i did. at about 3:45 i hear this terrible crash from the back corner of the house. I figured my gate finally had enough and blew down. so i run out back to find this....

100_1507.jpg

100_1508.jpg

it completely severed the power line from the house. ripped and bent the mast almost all the way down to the gutter. it was about 11pm that night (now 56* in my house) when PGE pulls up. the guy says damn man, sorry but you gotta get an electrition out here to fix that before we can hook you back up. so i lasted till 2 am, then couldn't take the cold any longer. so i packed up and headed to the girlfriends place to sleep for the night. i get up at 7 am and head home to start calling electritions. guy finally shows up about 11am and starts ripping into things to see what the damage is. he asks me whats behind the meter? i said hmmmm, lemme go look. (wasn't sure if it was the bathroom or daughters room). so i go inside to find this in my daughters room...

100_1511.jpg

100_1512.jpg

so $1200.00 later it's repaired and i'm waiting once again for PGE....

last night i stayed at moms with the kiddies to stay warm. ran home to check the pipes and grab a few things and holy crap was it cold ! the thermostat was actually pegged out somewhere below 46* i think...

100_1518.jpg

so i spend a bit on the phone today with PGE, home insurance, cable etc.... then PGE shows up around 1pm while im out choppin fire wood and gets me back online.

100_1509.jpg

100_1520.jpg

100_1523.jpg

100_1526.jpg

It's amazing how much we rely on electricity ! i miss my internet ! needless to say we are finally warm again and we gots tons of firewood for campin !

Thats crazy looking, should have gave me a call to come over and fix your power. I am a electrician and I was not even working that day.

That would have scared the crap out of your daughter when the pipe shoved through the wall! I am guessing she was not at your house.

Now you have lots of firewood for the cold wheeling adventures!

x2

and i got a trailer

I got a chainsaw and a truck if you need any help with your newly aquired pile of firewood.

hmmmm, i may just take you guys up on the offer. i'm pretty well done till the weekend. then i'll look into getting the rest done and hauled off. maybe a lil labor for some wood ?

Just had to deal with the same stuff, 100ft tree fell on The girlfriends house. Destroying a side of the house,

If theres anyway i can help, Im free all week man:farmer:

i have decided to take a few more days off to take care of some of this mess. i will be home Wednesday and Thursday. so if anyone wants to help or wants some wood send me a p.m. i have had a ton of folks asking for the wood, so i am gonna make it first come first serve. u cut it, u haul it, and its free.

also if anyone knows anyone who can trim or take down large trees let me know ASAP !

Back