• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JCR 1 ton Issues?

djblade311

NAXJA Member # 1474
NAXJA Member
Hey all,

Has anyone experienced issues with their JCR 1 ton install? Per all the images Ive seen, it looks like it has been installed on a D30 HP with no issues however I can only turn 1/4 right before it hits the Trackbar bolt/bracket on the axle. Full lock to the left, it hits the diff cover a little.

Right now I'm having to run the stock steering on reamed knuckles right now....yea i know...

Josh

have you tt those guys? They are generally awesome and will work with you to remedy it.

I have some issues with mine. Haven't called them about it. I'm trying to see if I can fix it myself.

At the draglink where it connects to the tierod, it hits my spring. Given my rig is completely custom, and is a CJ7 with SOA, I expected some problems but they should have seen this before returning it to me.

They are about 2 hours away so I am not hauling it out there until I determine I can't fix it myself.

Otherwise, good guys.

Bouncy said:
At the draglink where it connects to the tierod, it hits my spring. Given my rig is completely custom, and is a CJ7 with SOA, I expected some problems...

I can't quite remember your steering setup, but shoot me a PM or give me a call and we can figure it out I'm sure. If you have high steer arms you may just need spacers under them. :)

monkeyevil said:
Please don't run around with stock steering in reamed holes... that is VERY dangerous.

djblade311 said:
...yea i know...

:)

I talked to Daryl and Brian also responded to my PM. I didnt think that aligning it would have made that much of a difference but will try that tonight.

Thanks JCRoffroad for responding quickly! I'll let you know how it works out.

Josh

I had a challenging time with mine. They are not the easiest thing to to. Reaming the holes in the knuckles were very easy, but the pitman arm was a challenge. After removing it and using a shop press, life was easier. Mine also hit from full turn to full turn. We fab'd up a drop bracket and did some cutting. I also had to put in a new set of steering stops, to restrict the steering as well. I lost a small amount of turning radius, but not too much.

After an allignment, it was smooth sailing and i like it quite a bit.

hey,

i also have the 1-ton steering and my tie rod scrapes the track bar bolt. i have my toe set at 1/4" in (35"tires). i pretty much decided to let it "self clearance", cuz i cant get it to stop scraping.

jcroffroad said:
In order to not get the interference problems you are having, you need to set the toe some what close. Once you have the alignment set, you will be all set.

what you mean?

the steering seems to be a pretty good setup. so far i have liked it. i have a steering stabilizer bracket from rancho, too.

-Tim

muddshutter said:
We fab'd up a drop bracket and did some cutting.

What was the dropbracket for? the trackbar or something else? Did you shave off the tierod or from the bracketry on the axle?

after aligning the front end, the tierod still hit the trackbar bolt so its still limited turning. Once I reamed the pitman arm (knuckles were much easier), and installed the drag link, I took it for a spin. Turning left is perfectly fine, turning right is almost there but its close enough.

i also have the same problem with my trackbar, but i do not fault the JCR setup for my particular case since my tracbar mount was wallowed out and i reinforced it with 1/4" steel, so mine is a bit beefier than stock trackbar mount. it just barely rubbed and its prettu much self-clearanced by now.

-Tim

GSequoia said:
I mean really Josh be a man.

Pull the trackbar, you don't need it!

I can see it now, driving down the road without a trackbar and the theme song "It's Slinky, It's Slinky..."

I would say that if the passenger side TRE had a slight bend, it would work out perfectly with no rubbing at all.

When I measured lock to lock, it was actually pretty even.

Back