• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting some more HP out of the straight 6

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

well after wheelin the jeep a few times, overall im pretty happy with it. performs pretty well, and the 5:13/38 combo doesn't feel too bad. i feel like it could use a little more power though to keep em turnin in 4 hi. 4 low is great, but i was just looking for a little more umph for those "thick mud gotta clear the tires" situations.

not looking into doing much with the motor yet internal wise at this point...although a titan 4.9 would be pretty sweet. just looking for some mods thatll get me a few more horses. ive heard some people say jet chips are key, and others say theyre a waste of 300 bones. headers, chips, coils...whatcha got

only thing im not willing to change is intake (snorkeled already)

thanks

Only real change will be a cam and headers. Stroking is the best. Every thing is is mouse nuts.

stroke it...

go to hesco - drop 5k and walk out with a :D

if you dont have that much $ laying around - stroke it yourself - that doesnt sound right...

or

intake, hi flow cat, exhaust, headers, hypertech max energy for 1k

also bore out tb, non swirled tb spacer, plug wires, stock plugs

you aint gonna get more power unless you pony up some cash like a stroker, turbo, etc

If anyone design a crossflow head... then it would be worth its weight in gold. Bute untill that happens there will not be Globs of torque/HP out of that motor. I wish hesco would make one.

Back