• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DAMN IT!

Hydrolock

NAXJA Forum User
Hey,

I need some recommendations.

I bought 4 skyjacker nitro shocks last year to replace my crappy ones that came with the truck..

NOW THE NITROS ARE RUSTING!

I need a good shock that is less likely to rust. and for about 3-5 inches of lift.

Thank you
Jordan

Its your rig,you should be telling us!

keep them clean. even aluminum bodies will oxidize, and look all white and powdery, and start to get pitted. rinse em down if you're woried about how they look, or sand em down and paint them when they start to rust.

Clean the rust off your skyjackers and repaint them.

Be sure to tape off/protect the shock rods if you sandblast:D Any paint you put on, remember, heavy coat of primer and 2-3 coats of paint. Also, if you run shock boots, throw them away. Nothing promotes rust like trapping saltwater right up against the body.

Fox smoothbodies. They are aluminum bodied.

x2, but when you get them, you want to put a protective coat of wax on em, as per fox's instructions.... they do keep up nicely... but aluminum will corrode as well, anyone who says differant is an idiot (nobody uses 1000 series aluminum, and any alloying agent opens it up to corrosion)

Back