• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a good muffler shop in the Simi/San Fernando Valley

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I had a heavy episode of death wobble earlier today. People had made comments about the piss poor welds by the shop installed my cat before. I never realized they were that bad, the welds cracked apart on me during the death wobble! Now I'm running open exhaust.

Anyone have a good muffler shop to recommend? If I'm paying this labor I'll be getting something better than stock to replace it.

john go to chips muffler in simi off chambers lane hes really good and reasonable hes been doing all our work for years, just make sure hes there when its going to be done sometimes his guys slack off.

john go to chips muffler in simi off chambers lane hes really good and reasonable hes been doing all our work for years, just make sure hes there when its going to be done sometimes his guys slack off.

x2 for Chips. right next to the hot rod shop and close to americas tire

Thanks guys, if Chip's is open tomorrow, I'm there.

Yeah doesn't look like it. I guess I'll take care of it another day I have my other car to drive.

Yikes... this crap has gotten more expensive since the last time I got exhaust.

What are you getting done? what did he charge?, if you don't mind me asking.

Just looking to do something like a flowmaster and pipe. He quoted me $300 for the job, last time I did something like this (was 2001) it was $150.

ya prices have gone up we could do it ourselves if you buy the materials and beer, i did a cat for my Buddie not too long ago, just something to think about.

It went to Magic in Simi today. I've used them before with good results.

Got it home and the fan belt broke.

Who was it who said my Jeep likes attention?

I'm really hoping the belt was bad from my former a/c issues, not because my harmonic is separating... I guess I'll know when I get home.

dang dude...thats unfortunate!

i hate when crap like that happens!

Yeah kinda bummed because I spent some money after xmas on some parts I have wanted for a while, like the spare tire carrier, and now I'm getting hit with a bunch of repairs plus the ticket I got in Arizona at the beginning of the month.

So far January sucks, lol.

Back