• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yucaipa M&G 1-31-08

luvdlions

NAXJA Forum User
Time for another meet and greet!

This time we will be at the Calimesa Creekside park located at 950 7th place in Calimesa at 2:00pm. The park is a small little place nestled just south of the 10 off Countyline Road. There is a small pavillion with a few picnic tables and a couple of grills.

I figure we can do an AM run and then meet here at 2pm with anyone that couldn't make the run, for the after party, including, drinks, bbq or whatever else we can conjur up.

Any ideas on what we can run that morning in the local area?

Here is a map to the park

tileprint.php

Where are you planning to go on a run and be back by 2:00..?

I really hope I can make this one. This will be my first M&G and I really look forward to meeting you guys. I am definately up for the morning run. I may have to head out a little early from the park. I invited some guys over for the UFC fight that night. It was great how I invited 5 guys over and those 5 guys invited 5 guys each and so on. I now have like 50+ peopole coming to my house. I would invite all of you guys as well, but my wife still thinks I am only having 5 guys over. I would rather sleep in my bed than on the couch, so I kind of need to put a cap on the number and clue her in at some point. What trail are you guys thinking about running?

Cleg was mentioned, but I'm not even sure it's runable - last I heard, the rangers were forcing folks to take the Ted Trail (fire roads), around all the good stuff. I wish there was more local here, we have good terrain and a lot of empty areas. I have run a motorcycle type trail up in Beaumont that one of the neighborhood kids knew about, but I really don't think it was legal. A lot of folks trailered their toys in, though...

BTW, bhicks, how do you like Forest Falls? I'm seriously considering moving there, I think it is absolutely beautiful.

Cleg was mentioned, but I'm not even sure it's runable - last I heard, the rangers were forcing folks to take the Ted Trail (fire roads), around all the good stuff. I wish there was more local here, we have good terrain and a lot of empty areas. I have run a motorcycle type trail up in Beaumont that one of the neighborhood kids knew about, but I really don't think it was legal. A lot of folks trailered their toys in, though...

BTW, bhicks, how do you like Forest Falls? I'm seriously considering moving there, I think it is absolutely beautiful.

I LOVE Forest Falls. I live at the very end of the road, directly across from the waterfall. I have national forest on 3 sides of me and mill creek running through my front yard. It is a wonderful mountain community becuase it does not have a huge ski resort or lake that brings in the crowds. The people are great and you do not have to deal with any horrible curvy mountain road. Highway 38 is a straight shot right up to our town. If you are really serious about coming up to live in Forest Falls, then maybe we can set up a time where I can show you around. Two of my neigbors are selling their homes. One is going into foreclosure because he lost his job. The home is on the creek and a great view of the falls.

my kids live up there and they were telling me about a new cherokee to there neighborhood,

my kids live up there and they were telling me about a new cherokee to there neighborhood,

There are 2 new cherokee's in town and both are a 2000 and white. Mine is a little more built. I am running 35's, long arm kit, and a rack. The other guy I think has a RE 4.5 with 33's. I want to go wheelin with the other guy but it's my wife's boss and I tend to say really stupid things. Not a good combo.

In regards to the morning run: Is there any good trails in the Idylwild area or the mountains above Palm Springs? I have kinda beaten to death the Big Bear/Arrowhead area and I would love to explore some new areas. Just a thought. I would still be fine with any local trails as well.

Where are you planning to go on a run and be back by 2:00..?

I don't know. Someone mentioned some trails out in the Mo Val area. Someone else mentioned the Thomas Hunting Grounds area.

Do you have any ideas?

Has anybody on here wheeled in the mountains above Palm Springs? Everytime I am out in the area I am always wondering if there are any good trails up there. They look like a great place to wheel but I have zero info on any trails.

Has anybody on here wheeled in the mountains above Palm Springs? Every time I am out in the area I am always wondering if there are any good trails up there. They look like a great place to wheel but I have zero info on any trails.

The mountains around P.S. are wilderness... the Coachella Valley has been getting hit HARD by off-road patrols... pretty much all the way down to the north end of the Salton Sea.
There are old trails, but all are closed... :bawl:
I know of one local guy who tried to out run the patrol and wound up in a 2+ hour chase got T boned by the patrol... pepper sprayed... took off again and couldn't lose the patrol... he was finally arrested, bike impounded... all kinds of charges & fines. :shocked:
It sucks out here now... they have ATV & UTV task-forces with nice 5th wheel toy-haulers... they just camp out and set up stings...

So no there's not much around Palm Springs...

Curt

Back