• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

S.Y.E Swap thread, pics included.. please help

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
Here's what i got: 94' XJ 231 t-case that was mated to an aw4 and this is the one i need the s.y.e put onto because i lifted my xj:

IMG_0631.jpg

my donor s.y.e. is off of an 89 xj's 231. aka my other jeep that has a tom woods shaft and s.y.e i need the s.y.e. and driveshaft for my 94' posted above..

IMG_0633.jpg

my question is, will all the internals swap over without using a press from the 89's 231 to the 94's? im a little confused on what will take place of the old vacuum switch
naxjarearsye.jpg

because this is where the indicator light is on my 94's..

IMG_0630.jpg

and as you can see there is nothing here on the 89's..

IMG_0634.jpg

what im mainly asking is, would it be worth it toswap all the internals to my 94' 231 and will it work (what replaces the vacuum switch on the s.y.e?). or should i put the whole 89' case in and change out to the 23 spline input gear?? thanks in advance!!

i would just put the sye on your current t-case. IIRC the output shafts from the tranny are different so the internals would need to be switched completely. and you wont need the vacuum switch since that was for a vac-disco front D30

Back