• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yeah another shock thread Help needed?

QuadraTracGuy

NAXJA Forum User
Okay, I just bought an '89 XJ with a RE 4.5 lift kit. The rear end had mismatched shocks, a Rancho RS5000 on one side and a Pro Comp Explorer on the other side. I need rear shocks. My jeep sits at exactly 20 inches from center of bottom shock mount to the center of the top shock eye at rest.
I'm looking for a shock with at least ten inches of travel, 5 inches up and 5 inches down. So roughly 15 inch compressed and 25 inches extended.
I can't find any decent specs on the Bilstein 5100's. The Rancho 9000's don't have an application that tall for the XJ.
I've searched and gone through 30 pages of threads about shocks and nobody ever posts up part numbers or specifications.
Help!

Thanks in advance

The Rancho 9000's don't have an application that tall for the XJ.

I've searched and gone through 30 pages of threads about shocks and nobody ever posts up part numbers or specifications.
Help!

Thanks in advance
Sure they do,Im at 6"+ on both my rigs with R9000's(xx255's/xx256's).

In order to get the best possible shock for your lift.unhook the shocks front and rear and measure the droop and compression, then go to the charts. your bump stops will dictate your up travel!

Back