• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no first gear, downshifting, or lockup?

MoparManiac

NAXJA Forum User
91/4.0/AW4/D30 8.25 3:55s 31x10.5x15 Long Trail T/As

I went out hitting some mud bogs today (the jeep is pretty much covered lol). I went in 4-Low the whole time and had first gear all the way through and everything was great.

I pulled it out of 4-Low on the way out and put it back in drive. I noticed that it didn't seem to rev up as fast as it usually did in first gear. I preceeded to put it back into 1-2 but it only ever goes to second, even at a dead stop.

I shifted that way to get home going from 1-2 to 3 and then to D. It didn't seem like it was ever locking up the TC in overdrive but I'll have to check it again. Any ideas? I searched and didn't come up with anything.

unplug the tcu and put in 1-2. it will stay in 1 and not shift to 2. if you put it in 3 it will stay in 3 even from a dead stop. and in drive it will stay in o/d. even from stop. so this will find your 1st gear problem. now the t/c you'll have to wait for some one else.

ok i just went outside and was going to attempt to unplug the TCU and see if I had those gears. Just for kicks I decided to start it up and see if it was still doing it...to my surprise (and happiness lol) everything is back to normal???

Any ideas as to why this would happen? lol so happy it's ok though, thanks for the help!

Back