• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's Worth Scavenging? 98XJ

Muddy90XJ

NAXJA Forum User
In the next week or so I will be buying a 98 XJ that has been rolled. My question is what is worth scavenging off of the 98 XJ to use on my 90 XJ? I have searched around and have only found a few things here and there. I figured this thread would be a good opportunity to get everything in one place.

Thanks for your help.

There is not a straight panel on the entire jeep (98). I'm kindof partial to the interior on my 90 and swapping the interior would depend on if the door panels were still good and not cracked. I will keep it in mind though. Thanks for the advise.

Steel liftgate? I never had any problems with the 'glass ones on pre 97, but I do like the look of the newer tail lights and high mount 3rd brake. The handle is a bit more friendly than the pushbutton (like when you have a 50# sack of ice melt over your shoulder)

Seats may not be direct bolt. Look at the front bolts and brackets and compare. They changed the mounting points around '95, I believe.

THe throttle body and intake might be worthwhile, but I don't know what all that swap would entail.

Back