• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Looking at Rubicon Express superflex.

OverTheHillsATTW

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at the rubicon 4.5" superflex kit with AAL. The only reason AAL is because of budget and I could upgrade later on. Now when I read the product description it lists a 2.5 AAL with the kit. Why is this and how will that get me 4.5"?

I was on the RE website where I saw this.

the rest of the lift of from the shackles. if youre on that tight of a budget i would go for the 3.5" super flex kit and get the full leafs and good mototube or OME shocks and all the upgrades you can like the HD trackbar, adjustable upper and lower control arms, blah blah blah. that will be a much better and easier to go up to 4.5" in the future. a good 3.5" kit with quality components will make you happier than with a 4.5" kit on a budget.

Last edited:
Ah yes well I might just wait a couple more months for lift shopping. I would be better off buying the things I want first off. TY

thats the best idea. just do it all in one go. thats how i did it. less time and money in the end, even though the wait may seem long, its worth it.

I have the RE 3.5" superflex with AAL. It works great IMO. Had it one for about 6 months, no sagging, flexes well, rides well. No problems at all. Now, if you have the extra coin and don't mind spending it, def. get the full pack. But if you're on a budget, there's no reason to stay away from an AAL. Plenty of people run them just fine w/o any issues. And if you want to upgrade in the future, it's easy enough.

AAL's aint that bad, if your strategically planning your lift, they'll get you by, but you WILL have to replace em, they will sag.

the other 2 inches is made up from blocks not shackles. I have the same kit and it was fine for a while never sagged. I now have full packs and a shackle the ride isn't noticably better either way. I did suffer on some hill climbs with axle wrap but now that's gone

Back