• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Warn fusible hubs

Sponge Bob

Attitude Racing
Has any one used them in a dana 44. I am tired of breaking short side joints and axles both chrome moly and stock. So far i have broken stock joints and a CTM. I would like to make some fusible drive slugs or somthing else but not sure what kind of material i should use.

if there were any readily available i would try them. i'm of no help to you though.

Perhaps this picture will be of interest to you.

Pic%20107.jpg

The hub on the left has a stock drive ring. The one on the right has a Warn hub fuse. The hub fuse is basically a stock drive ring with some width of the inner teeth machined off. The amount machined off is shown by the height that the drive ring is sticking out. You can tune the breaking strain by reducing the amount of tooth width machined off.

Personally, I think if you are breaking CTM's, hub fuses are not going to help you. When a hub fuse pops it has just as much chance of exploding the locking hub. You will certainly be replacing fuses more frequently than CTM's. If your driving style is consuming the best D44 parts available, perhaps it is time to consider going up to a D60?

Warn discontinued the hub fuse because most people that bought them moved up to CTM joints. If you want hub fuses you have to make them yourself now from the regular drive ring.

Thanks for the pics. it just dawned om me to make some out of my existing hubs.Dana 60 is in the plans but for now i would rather replace a cheaper hub than a complete axle shaft when it blows. In the ctm's defense it lost a clip which let the cap come undone then broke.The short side just does not have the same flex as the long side.

Back