• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

is calico on this year????

Mr.OverKill

NAXJA Forum User
is the end of Feb/ beginning of march annual trip going to happen this year?? remi, this question is mainly for you being that you normally host this event. if it is happening let me know when so i can plan for it. thanks

im down to go:)!

x2!!! Ive never been to calico either.

Calico is so much fun!! I hope the group goes. I think a few are going Super Bowl Saturday.

IF you all go, Maybe I can get a Alt crew to go also, but not part of Remi's group. Dont want to butt hurt anyone this year :) dont worry not only will I make sure we go After the Remi group but we will keep a safe distance. :)

Calico event..... well, for starters to clear upsome confusion, Calico was never a chapter event. It was me going up to Calico with some folks and saying "show up if ya want" and being a host to all the jeepers. Unfortunately quite a few folks expected for it to be organized "here's the trails, here's your trail leader" type of an event. Well, sorry to have dissapointed everyone in the past, but Calico is my "unwind and relax weekend" in winter time, so I have never really done any more work towards the event then setting the day. Also last year we had a rather big problem with alcohol on the trail and a lot of folks complained. Again: not an organized event since it was done along the lines of "I'm there, I'm wheeling and having fun show up if you want".

So, the theme this year is: I'll be there first weekend of February. I haven't been wheeling since May :( I will not turn anyone away if they end up on the trail with me (unless they're or their passengers are intoxicated). On the other hand, I do not want to end up with a caravan of 30 rigs going up the trail (I think that's nearly the number that we had last time). It just takes too long.

Area has plenty fun trails where everyone can have fun: that includes built rigs and stock rigs. So maybe this years festivities could be couple groups coming up and then we all hang around the campfire one night ? So if anyone wants they're welcome to stop by the campfire Sat night (I'm going to be at the bunkhouse again) and hang out.

Calico event..... well, for starters to clear upsome confusion, Calico was never a chapter event.\

Not true!

The first year it was the chapter event.

The next year we moved the chapter event to Big Bear and you kept the Calico thing going as RemiFest.

Edit:
I'd like to make it out for this since it's been years since I've done Calico but I can't really commit to it right now. It all depends on what I've got going on at the moment between work and not-work.

Not true!

The first year it was the chapter event.
That is correct. That I believe actually occured before we were even officially a chapter (or was it just as we became a chapter?).

The next year we moved the chapter event to Big Bear and you kept the Calico thing going as RemiFest.
And that year... there was a very small group over @ Calico and I was the invited participant. That event was not posted on the forums. From that group there were maybe 3 NAXJA members total. Also it was a "one time only" type of an event. I liked the way it turned out so much that I decided to come out in the beginning of the year to unwind from that point on.

(or was it just as we became a chapter?).

We were a chapter by about a month.

And that year... there was a very small group over @ Calico and I was the invited participant.

That's right, it became RemiFest the next time...

(That's my new name for the event and I'm sticking to it.)

That's right, it became RemiFest the next time...

(That's my new name for the event and I'm sticking to it.)

Sounds like the kind of party where you bring your own rubber pants.

I'd swing by, if I had a jeep.

If you bring the pantyhose Remi will bring the chicken.
Okay, that visual made me wish I was mentally blind...:puke: Thanks, guys!

My wife and I are planning on going and will be trying to stay in the campground. We may have 2 or 3 XJ's with us. We will probably run into you guys on the trail.

Back