• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy...bushings.

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Long story short...

My New DPG offroad springs have completely demolished the bushings in 500 miles. They are 2 inch bushings for the front eye and nobody seems to carry them. I have a set of springs I thought I would borrow from, but they have a bigger bushing.

So, where can I buy a set of 2 inch bushings locally tonight or tommorrow??? Jeep NEEDS to be running before Monday.

Okay....no luck anywhere. Does anybody have some Poly plastic I can turn down on a lathe to make my own??????????

Needs to be 2 inch minimum, would prefer 2.25" or bigger. Need a six inch length.

Have fun with the dirty jokes for that.

Steel sleeve bushings?

I know this was posted for RE leaf spring bushing replacements.. Not sure if this is the same size... But this would be a good place to start.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=85471&highlight=bushings

I may have some energy suspension bushings for "stock" leaf spings.. again I don't know the dims. But I have to go look in my garage. Don't hold your breath cause I may have thrown them out a few months back.

Scott

Okay...in a pinch, a leaf spring bushing for a 76 Nova is the correct diameter (2.02"). Had to trim the width down about a half an inch, but it'll work while I order the right ones.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

Back