• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NewMember/New XJ Just joined intro

Hi Gang!

It's official, I'm a member:cheers:
Anyway, I look forward to spending more time here in the Adventure Forum.

My truck is/will be an excursion vehicle/daily driver type of rig. We do long stints of on high way travel between chances to get off the pavement...

A little about me:
We (GF&I) are semi nomadic in that we don't have a home ('cept for the XJ). We have been "on the road" for about three years now.
We were in Europe for about six weeks, mostly in the Czech Republic(that's where Marketa grew up).
Diving the ABC Islands and six months in S.E. Asia. We poked around a lot in the Eastern and South Eastern parts of the USA...
Next, we are thinking of driving west and eventually south to Central America.
Luckily we have friends all over the world and can crash or some times even pick up some work with many of them at a moments notice;)

We do pretty much live out of the truck although we for the next month or so are living and working at the Sivananda NYC Yoga Center in the Chelsea section of Manhattan.

I plan on doing more to turn the XJ in to a more suitable excursion vehicle. A winch bumper and a Autohome Maggiolina RTT are on the list
I'm also looking for a more suitable tire for my endeavors - I need more high speed on road safety than the MTZ's offer while attempting to maintain as much off rood ability as is possible

Any info or feed back would be much appreciated!

Here are a few crappy pics are from the PO's craigslist add - sorry!

I'm pretty stoked;)

It's very clean with only 104,000 miles, no rust, and it's set up pretty well.
I put most of the upgrade details in my sig line.

Thanks for looking!

JEEP3.jpg

JEEP2.jpg

JEEP1.jpg

Welcome

I would recommend the BFG A/T.

Welcome Rich. I second the BFG AT for a great all around tire.

I'd like to hear about your past adventures and places you have visited.

Just remember those BFG A/Ts really capture mud in the tread and they quickly lose their grip. Maybe the BFG M/Ts would be better suited for an expedition vehicle.

Tires/adventure pics

Welcome Rich. I second the BFG AT for a great all around tire.

I'd like to hear about your past adventures and places you have visited.

Thanks for the welcome!

After much consideration I decided to go with the Hankook ATM RF10's.
I post more about them after I have some time to evaluate them.

Here are a couple of links to some off the grid adventures in the Malay Jungles

Teaser pics:

DSC01717.jpg

DSC01838.jpg

Albums:
http://picasaweb.google.com/rgromer/MalayJungle

http://picasaweb.google.com/rgromer/JungleII

Enjoy!

Back