• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cargo lights

mack

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 97, the rear cargo lights did come on when i popped the hatch, now it doesn't, could it be the switch? is so, where is it?

The switch in my '96 melted, and never came on. I rewired a simple toggle switch in there and it's been working fine for years. As for the hatch switch - that's one of those funny mysteries that NAXJA hasn't answered after years of questions... :D

on my 90 the switch is this make shift metal thingy that was riveted on to the latch under the hatch panel. i lubed the switch and re riveted it and it now works.

Open the hatch and push the cargo light, it has a switch inside it...

camarors8992 said:
I'm lost. Are we talking about the dome lights ? I have a front and rear dome light in my 95 sport.

Rear, the 98's at least have a built in switch in the light, bonked it one nite with my head w/o noticing, drove me nuts for the next two hours trying to figure out what happened to my interior lights...

yeah, that was the first thing i tried.
RichP said:
Open the hatch and push the cargo light, it has a switch inside it...

Why did you revive a 4 year old dead thread for something useless?

MY 97 has the dome light on the sound bar, it had a little black plastic thing next to it. I never knew what it was and because it never pressed in. Turned out it was the dome light button and it was melted. I took it apart and the inside of the plastic was melted and fused the button in place.

I rewired a new switch in its place and now have on/off function of my dome lights and my lights come on when the hatch is open and the switch is on.

Back