• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

El Cajon Gas Station rant

tharlanjr

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever had problems with a gas station pump?

I got off work at 1230, got to the gas station at 1 with just over an 1/8th of a tank and put over 26 gallons before I stopped the pump.

I told the guy what happened, got my manual out and showed him the tank was a 23 gallon. after standing there while he was on the phone for 1/2 hour he tells me he can only give me 7 bucks (difference between 23 and 26+ gallons) and if I would like to get more I have to wait until Monday...

That bugs the crap out of my because it should have only been 21 gallons.

I have ran it with the light on and still only put in a hair over 22 gallons...

:looney:

[/rant]

a sign of the economy, scumbags come outta the woodwork.
used to work for a company that had a couple work vans, and the ghetto gas stations would try to rip off the credit cards, if you didnt max it out... they would....

its a shame...

Report them. There is some kind of tag or seal on every pump at every station that shows it has been calibrated. I would look up that agency and let them know what happened.
x2, if you dont it will go on until someone does. :thumbup:

I heard there are only two guys in ca. that check the pumps. I don't know if it is true. They check them at 5 or 10 gallons, the scam was to start pumping less gas after the 5 or 10 gallon point. I don't know if its BS or not.

HE gave me the difference between the 23 gallons and 26, because he doesnt have any proof I had gas to begin with.

Its the thrifty gas off Washinton and Avacado in El Cajon

imagine all the other folks who are getting ripped of every minute by going to that place?
damn...
at 7 bucks a person...
thats a lot of money.

Back