• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nates 4x4

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
So i ordered a front bumper and mounting hardware from Nates 4x4 and finally got the bumper a week before christmas. i did not receive the hardware kit that i paid extra for. i emailed and called Nate many tmes with no response. it has now been over a month and still no package on my doorstep or replied emails or calls.

has anyone else had any troubles with Nates4x4? if so, what did you do to get a hold of him?

The only problem I ran into was with the bumper itself. The mounting holes were cut with a plasma it looked like and getting the bumpers to fit level was kind of a pain. I also found 2 welds that I had to groove and reweld. I looked like he had welded it without enough heat and when he ground it down smooth removed most of the weld. I got the bumper with a big crack from one end of the 2x6 to the other. Other than that, you can't beat the price for what you get.

I bought a bumper from nate for the jk..It took forever to arrive..I sent him a dozen emails He never replied to any of them..I do like the bumper.But he doesn't seem to care about anserwing emails and such..I think he's seen the last of my money...

In Fall 07 I ordered a Front Bumper with the Hoop/Receiver/D-rings & a Rear tire carrier bumper from nates, He primed them for a few bucks extra; They both arrived via fed ex freight less than a month later, He even included the hardware kit & threw in 2 nice clevis's. Everything fit & bolted right into place,
The only problem I had was the rear tire carrier seemed to loosen uo a bit after a few months, It turned out that whoever installed the hinge in nates shop forgot to install a cotter pin to keep the hinge not in place, So I retorqued the nut & installed a cotter pin myself.He was a little slow to respond to "E" mails, But always answered them.
It is not good that he has not responded for a few weeks, I hope all is well there.

Last edited:
I have front and rear bumpers from him... Didn't have any problems (2 years ago). I'd just keep calling. It's easy for e-mails to get filtered or missed.

Who knows... He could be on vacation or something. When I ordered mine from him I think he was just a one or two man shop???

I picked up my front bumper at his shop. everything fit amazing for me. His shop is a small garage area in a building. Computer in back of the shop. He had a helper but its all him in the shop. The email I used was the email on his website.

He also said he was going to email me an invoice...never happened
didn't have all the hardware that I paid for...but gave me clevises.

Overall I like the bumper and it has held up great. I primed it and painted it with spray bomb.
29449840006_large.jpg

That is his slimline bumper
I have also turned the lights upside down, from what they are in that picture (looks way better)
29449840006_large.jpg

Last edited:
I have one of his rear bumpers. I'm happy with the bumper it just took a while to get it. I got it several weeks after he said it would come in. I also had zero contact with him after it failed to arrive on time. Over all I am happy with the product but am hesitant to order the front bumper as I had planned.

[sarcasm]No, no one has ever expressed any concern over Nate's lack of customer service, yet still producing a quality (for the money) product. [/sarcasm]

Why would anyone send someone a fairly significant amount of money BEFORE researching them? We see this exact same issue time and time again. Caveat Emptor, baby!

i mean the bumper is great and well built. i have no complaints there. but he has horrible customer service. i guess i will just keep trying to calll and e-mail him.
He wont be getting anymore of my money

I ordered a nates rear bumper about a year ago. I had the bumper within 2 weeks everything fit nicely and looks great, especially for the price. On the other hand I ordered a Hanson Front winch bumper through Four Wheel Parts Raleigh, it took 4 MONTHS! To get here. freakin sucked. Oh well.

I ordered a bumper from him and had the same thing happen. I ordered the bumper, extra d-ring tabs and hardware. I never got the hardware or d-ring tabs. He never answers the pohone or emails, when u call him to leave a messege his box is full. I guess he doesn't care about customers. I'll be going elsewhere for sliders and rear bumper.

I ordered a bumper from him and had the same thing happen. I ordered the bumper, extra d-ring tabs and hardware. I never got the hardware or d-ring tabs. He never answers the pohone or emails, when u call him to leave a messege his box is full. I guess he doesn't care about customers. I'll be going elsewhere for sliders and rear bumper.

I would check into jcroffroad or ajs offroad armor for sliders both are a great product from what I hear. :cheers:

I had a great experience dealing with Nates. My front bumper and rear bumer with tire rack arrived when they were supposed to and all the parts were there. Then again, I never had to call and try to get ahold of him. I love my bumpers!

There are others out there that make just as good or better stuff...... for me I must have both quality service and quality product! If the dude cannot awnser his damn e-mails or phone then he can keep his quality crap!!(n)

There are others out there that make just as good or better stuff...... for me I must have both quality service and quality product! If the dude cannot awnser his damn e-mails or phone then he can keep his quality crap!!(n)

Yes, But People purchase from him because he has rock solid stuff & his prices are excellent. The lowest I have seen by Far!
In late 07 I paid $550 for his tire carrier/Receiver hitch/D ring/Frame tie in equipped rear bumper & $175 for his Receiver hitch/D ring/Frame tie in equipped front bumper with all the hardware included. Around $800 & change total shipped to my door! & He threw in 4 heavy Clevis's, For an extra $50 he primed both bumpers also.
Overall Several Hundred dollars Less than The nearest competetor !

Yes, But People purchase from him because he has rock solid stuff & his prices are excellent. The lowest I have seen by Far!
In late 07 I paid $550 for his tire carrier/Receiver hitch/D ring/Frame tie in equipped rear bumper & $175 for his Receiver hitch/D ring/Frame tie in equipped front bumper with all the hardware included. Around $800 & change total shipped to my door! & He threw in 4 heavy Clevis's, For an extra $50 he primed both bumpers also.

If savin a few dollars is what you are after then great! I have only heard his stuff is top quality but top quality is more than craftsmanship!! I would rather spend a little more and have my phone calls & e-mails awnsered when/if there is a problem!!

just got a slimline winch bumper for my late model xj and it is great...took about a month and a half to get...he is hard to get in touch with!!! I believe he is a one man shop though! I would buy from him again!

Ryan

JCR is $705 shipped for their tire carrier bumper, and they answer the phone. Plus they are a NAXJA sponsor which is a benefit to us members.
And yes, I realize I'm replying to your post from 3 months ago! :D

Back