• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Obama: no harsh interrogation, unless it's really important

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
and then we'll do that in secret

The proposal Obama is considering would require all CIA interrogators to follow conduct outlined in the U.S. Army Field Manual, the officials said. [...]

However, Obama's changes may not be absolute. His advisers are considering adding a classified loophole to the rules that could allow the CIA to use some interrogation methods not specifically authorized by the Pentagon, the officials said. [...]

For Obama, who repeatedly insisted during the 2008 presidential campaign and the transition period that "America doesn't torture," a classified loophole would allow him to follow through on his promise to end harsh interrogations while retaining a full range of presidential options in conducting the war against terrorism.

The proposed loophole, which could come in the form of a classified annex to the manual, is designed to satisfy intelligence experts who fear that an outright ban of so-called enhanced interrogation techniques would limit the government in obtaining threat information that could save American lives. It would also preserve Obama's flexibility to authorize any interrogation tactics he might deem necessary for national security.

How do you end it while preserving a loophole for yourself to do it?

This country is already descending into double-speak

How do you end it while preserving a loophole for yourself to do it?
It's not "torture" if it's authorized by a Democrat.

I still think that a requirement to be CiC should be that you have military service in your past....

But hey that's just me...

:D thanx

ehall said:
I'd say we've been pinging off the bottom for a while.

JNickel101 said:
I still think that a requirement to be CiC should be that you have military service in your past....

But hey that's just me...
x1,000,000,000

How's the weather down your way J? 58 here now on the way to ~70! Reminds me of home. Shoulda called in today.

It was in the high 60s/low 70s all weekend, today is nice as well :D

You commie there is nothing nice about this weather in Jan!!

You're high! Best waterfowl hunting I ever did was down there this time of year! :wave1: To hell with bundling up and freezing my ass off! :D

243392487_RUEqX-L-1.jpg

You're high! Best waterfowl hunting I ever did was down there this time of year! :wave1: To hell with bundling up and freezing my ass off! :D

where the hell did you find that much out here anyways? ascarte?

We hunted the Rio for years...that property is a lease out near Ft. Hancock. Someone 50 years ago had a grand idea to put dikes up at the large washes, resulting in man-made lakes. :D

Ah ok, the scenery looked right for here, but the water just threw me.

Back