• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rough country 4.5" so far......

nestore

NAXJA Forum User
so the 4.5 Rough Country kit i (with the help of Andy and Bill + andys neighbor) installed has not sagged nor broken in half.....at least not yet... but the only problem i've faced so far is the Bushings on the shocks! all 4 of them blew out. nice to say i saved my ex-procomp shock bushings wich arent that new anymore but are better quality! but yeah, those bushings from rough country arent that great. other than that, happy Jeeper here like most of the :party: animals!!

Dam sorry to hear that about the shocks..My are still going good...Call them up, they will take great care of you...

thought about it, but then come to think..... waht good is spending my time calling, switching off for the sameones that ripped apart and eventually having to be in the same spot? :hang:

i'll just find some pro comp bushings. :phone:

the problem isnt the bushing, its the shocks... theyre bad, and put the initial shock absorbtion on the bushing instead of the shock....

i ran into the same exact problem with them 2 years ago, they will replace them, but with their junk...

im guessing the reason scottmcneal hasnt had any problems is he doesnt go fast....
any POS shock can do rock crawling speed stuff.... you go over 20mph, and those rc shocks suck ass....

I know the secret to never blow a front upper shock bushing ever again. MJR taught me. You can get them at the dealer. Factory ZJ combined on one end with a factory WJ bushing.

All I have to say is that my RC lift does the job, I did initially have to send the front shocks back, but after that no problem.

Control arm design is something I would expect from retarded people. Shocks sucked. Springs are stiff. Sent me the wrong Ubolts twice. I drove the kit about 4k miles, and sold the rig. You get what you pay for.

and you guys wonder why nobody posts up stuff on here like this.......give the guy a GD break. Maybe he didn't have someone to help him decide.......maybe he didn't have the money to buy RE or whatever you recommend.......maybe what your mom said was right "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything"

Its better then nothing, and if you plan on upgrading to long arms, its not a bad deal at all.

not planning on any upgrades yet.

seems that you dont notice how bad it rides or any of them faults that are claimed abou the lift until its compared with another brand. (of course, after you ride another brand)

then you get ideas of upgrading and so forth. either that or influece..... people saying how dam stiff it is and so forth. again, the difference is not noticeable until you hop on your buddys teraflex or RE kit!

speaking out of experience or influence? :callme:

I had the same kit. I spent a lot of time chasing the bugs out of it, replacing pieces one by one with better parts until it was completely gone. Had I just spent the cash on a better kit in the first place I would have saved thousands. I did wheel it pretty hard. If you are just on the street it probably will hold up.

I actually BROKE a rear leaf spring. RC did send me another leaf and a coil after one of them sagged badly. The front lower control arm bushings lasted a whole 3 months.

You really do get what you pay for in lift kit components. Good luck.

I had the same kit. I spent a lot of time chasing the bugs out of it, replacing pieces one by one with better parts until it was completely gone. Had I just spent the cash on a better kit in the first place I would have saved thousands. I did wheel it pretty hard. If you are just on the street it probably will hold up.

I actually BROKE a rear leaf spring. RC did send me another leaf and a coil after one of them sagged badly. The front lower control arm bushings lasted a whole 3 months.

You really do get what you pay for in lift kit components. Good luck.

I agree 200%. Its not the worst kit out there, just does NOT compare to a RE kit.

Are you going to the terra del sol run? If you do come out for this, i'll give you a ride in mine.. I have the 6.5 RC lift, this thing rides to soft...But i don't have on my SWAY bars..My wife has hers on 4.5RC, it does ride better than mine...By the way, i run mine almost EVERY weekend...I have broke chit but thats my wrong, not the kits.. Bounce off a tree at 70 mph...Broke my shock, bent chit up...

Back