• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

have you read about this

WOW. Do a quick Google on the guy and you realize he is a hard core preservationaist. I'm not sure how much backing he actually has but the intelligent, responsible land conservationists need to step up and prove his radical views to be exaggerated and excessive.

Man that just pisses me off reading that, I wont lie. I think people need to be more open minded and accepting, this guy is one of the top examples.

~Scott

:roflmao:

I didn't even bother reading past the first few lines, their are people like that in Bellingham, I just smile as I drive by.

Keil smiles even more because they can hear his stupid jeep from 10 miles away. :D

-Alex

From the 'Myths' page...I'm speechless.

Envirofreak said:
Banning thrillcraft from public lands will prevent handicapped, young and old people from having access to nature or only the young and healthy can access wilderness areas.

One of the favorite but often disingenuous responses that motorized proponents like to level at anyone who talks about restricting use of public lands is that it will keep handicap and other groups like the old and young from enjoying the land. A ban on thrillcraft is not a ban on people. It’s a ban on specific kinds of machines. Anyone can still access public lands. And most use of public lands does not involve strength, special skills, or special equipment. Most of our public lands can be accessed with nothing more expensive than a good pair of shoes, and a desire to walk. For the truly handicapped or infirmed there are non-motorized means available to facilitate experience our public lands such as on the back of a horse, in a canoe or raft.

Already let them know how I feel about them a few months ago after it was posted on another site.

Good lookin out.

I agree that this group is WAY out in left field. However, We also have to understand that there are people that feel this way, and if we are to keep our "thrillcraft" open in public lands we had better act responsibly! Treat the land/water/air responsibly! and understand that there are others that want to use the land also, and maybe in other ways!

If we continue to give groups amunition in the form of poor judgement they will get traction. ORV clean up's, and the way we prosent ourselves individually and as a group in public are the most important first steps!!

Michael

If we continue to give groups amunition in the form of poor judgement they will get traction.

This is EXACTLY why I don't even like posting pics of 'wheeling' on private land. WE understand that it's kosher, THEY do not. There is no reasoning with the unreasonable.

so, does this mean we need to stock up on thrillcraft like guns and cigarettes?

Back