• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear sway b ar

Ok guys I was wondering what will happin if I take off my rear sway bar as far as handeling is concerned

nothing. absolutely nothing. rid yourself of it!

But save the mounting brackets. They can be re-used as bar pin eliminators for the rear shocks.

But save the mounting brackets. They can be re-used as bar pin eliminators for the rear shocks.

doing that does not mount the shock corectly and you can damage the shock

Ok guys I was wondering what will happin if I take off my rear sway bar as far as handeling is concerned

you will notice nothin, i removed the rear sway bar on bith my xjs and didnt notice a thing, some xjs even came from the factory without one

doing that does not mount the shock corectly and you can damage the shock

Mine shocks have been that way (BPE's) for 3 years. No problems. Actually a better ride. Shocks spin and make up for the different angle.

No funky rusted out bolts and/or dumb *** bar pins.

Rear sway bar? What's that?

Rear sway bar? What's that?

they are like those twist-tie wires that hold new toys to their packaging, because you have to remove them before you can play with your toy.

With the rear sway bar the only thing I noticed was Hwy speeds changing lanes you get some sway at higher speeds. But you get used to it pretty quick and I don't even notice it anymore. YOu just have to slightly... very slightly change your driving style.

Only time I noticed a difference was while towing. I currently have put them back on both of my rigs, because I tow and I'm not the only driver of them. . Although currently they are stock.

Back