• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan switch BWD TFS109 or Niehoff TS25261 no worky

mattbred

NAXJA Forum User
I recently installed a later model thermostat housing into my '89. The one that has the threads for the fan switch. I also bought a Niehoff TS25261, the 3/8" threaded fan switch that comes in 81-82 corvettes with the 5.7L. The first one didn't work. When I let my jeep overheat on purpose, I put an ohm-meter on the two terminals and it was still an open circuit, all the way to the red zone.

I returned it and bought another one, this time from Napa. Same exact switch, just incase the first was faulty. Again, it doesn't work. Anyone have experience with these? I guess I should try and find a different switch.

I'm guessing since it doesn't have a probe that extends passed the threads, it's getting un-constant readings or something. I just read a thread about a guy who did the same thing and the sensor tested good in boiling water, but his MJ idled to 240*+ and it wouldn't come on. Time to try and find a new 3/8" switch I spose.

Edit: I got the reference to do it from here http://www.lunghd.com/Tech_Articles/Cooling/Electric_Fan_Generic_Thermostat.htm

Edit2: Apparently the BWD part is TFS19, not 109.

Last edited:
Back